Violent protestors storm US capitol building

Agreed.

1 Like

Yes, agreed. You get sarcasm. It’s a wonder with some of these people.

Didn’t you post in MOney for a bit? :ponder:

I’m here to talk politics, you enjoy doing whatever it is you do over there. :peace_symbol:

Doesn’t hurt to ask. You enjoy now.

Sounds like a scathing indictment of the GOP, if they can’t find anyone to run that can beat a brain dead candidate from the other side. Kind of telling.

Why do the people that supported the party responsible for this movement keep talking in this aggressive way as if somehow their judgment is to be trusted?

Now is the time on Sprockets where everyone else cleans up the mess the GOP made.

1 Like

I don’t think that was the takeaway the rest of the world got. China included, which said right to your face “we perhaps thought too much of America”. Anyway, off to make breakfast.

It’s weird right?

If I find myself lacking accuracy and knowledge, I’m smart enough to take to the sidelines and learn a thing or two. Plenty of things I don’t know a lot about, like day trading, so I’ll sit back and listen to those with a record of accuracy on that topic.

Like my grandpappy always says, God gave you two ears and one mouth for a reason. :brain:

1 Like

The president now isn’t worried about what Xi says or seeking acceptance from authoritarians. Unlike the last one.

1 Like

Good timing on this actually, glad you brought it up. Trump definitely thinks it’s ok! I don’t though. :sweat_smile:

Looking forward to that outrage.

https://twitter.com/ShaneGoldmacher/status/1379831785194987523?s=20

1 Like

Meh…are they gonna revoke their patriot card as well?

I’ve seen dumber and scummier mailings on both sides.

Can you show me one from dems that threatens to report people as ‘defectors’ for failing to support them?

Also worth noting this is tied to the fact they had these donators roped into recurring payments via fine print.

1 Like

Was there ever such a thing?

I dunno, that’s your job.

Unless this is the just say stuff thread? It very well might be!

Ah yes, seems to be a recurring theme. :sweat_smile:

In a statement, Michael McAdams, a spokesman for the NRCC, said the committee “employs the same standards that are accepted and utilized by Democrats and Republicans across the digital fund-raising ecosystem.” He did not say if he’d ever come across a Democratic fundraising notice that read “If you UNCHECK this box, we will have to tell Joe Biden you’re a dirty rotten scoundrel and a traitor to the party.”

1 Like

Yeah, it really isn’t. It’s fun that you think it is or should be.

Chalk up another stillborn bothsides attempt then. Have a good one!

1 Like

You’re a silly person.

More insight into the chaos and inaction of Jan. 6

These new details about the deadly riot are contained in a previously undisclosed document prepared by the Pentagon for internal use that was obtained by The Associated Press and vetted by current and former government officials.

The timeline adds another layer of understanding about the state of fear and panic while the insurrection played out, and lays bare the inaction by then-President Donald Trump and how that void contributed to a slowed response by the military and law enforcement. It shows that the intelligence missteps, tactical errors and bureaucratic delays were eclipsed by the government’s failure to comprehend the scale and intensity of a violent uprising by its own citizens.

With Trump not engaged, it fell to Pentagon officials, a handful of senior White House aides, the leaders of Congress and the vice president holed up in a secure bunker to manage the chaos.

1 Like

Nope, no smoking gun here or anything.

Just a bunch of people that randomly showed up to the Capitol, happened to hear a speech from Trump-- that just happened to have a theme of ‘weve exhausted all the legal options to overthrow this election so now its time for you to get busy’–

Then all these people that just happened to be wearing “Trump” sweatshirts, nazi flags, and flying dixie flags just kind of wandered into the Capitol building. Shouting things that were violent and threatening, but that was clearly just a first amendment exercise. Some people are even paranoid enough to call them ‘domestic terrorists’ or ‘white supremacists’, but we all know that’s just the media.

With Trump not engaged, it fell to Pentagon officials, a handful of senior White House aides, the leaders of Congress and the vice president holed up in a secure bunker to manage the chaos.

Nonsense, Trump was totally engaged:

“Well, Kevin, I guess these people are more upset about the election than you are,” Trump said, according to lawmakers who were briefed on the call afterward by McCarthy.

“He is not a blameless observer, he was rooting for them,” a Republican member of Congress said. "