Virginia’s governor’s race

What do you mean?

They misspelled “shoo-in.”

1 Like

I missed that as well.

A pretty rookie error for a professional magazine editor though.

1 Like

I didn’t realize.

Bad news for Democrats, and potentially bad news for 2012. I try and console myself by noting ihat 11 out of the past 12 governor elections in Virginia have been won by the party out of the White House (last time was McAuliffe under Obama), but it hurts.

Youngkin ran a good campaign- close enough to turn out the Trumpist base, but far enough to distance himself- didn’t mention him in speeches or appear with him. A model of threading the needle for other Republicans?

Woof

If the Dems recycle old Clintonistas such as McAuliffe (who would clean Hillary or Bill’s bedpan if asked :laughing:), run on critical race theory, offer little in school choice, and Biden keeps on fucking up on things (kind of a given :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:), the Repubs are gonna recapture the House and Senate in 2022.

To Old Virginia!!!

1 Like

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2021/11/02/joy_reid_republicans_are_dangerous_to_our_national_security_tolerant_of_soft_white_nationalism.html

jesus. More crisis, more money I guess.

2 Likes

They’re two different sources.

I thought he hitched himself to Trump from a McAuliffe commercial. Then a friend told me, after I had already voted, that he actually didn’t campaign with him.

Anyhow, establishment Republicans can’t be worse than these ethnonational populist domestic terrorists.

C’mon, the Democrats can’t be that bad.

3 Likes

That’s what they would have you believe.

Anyhow, paying attention to who is lying and why is a good first step. Learning who is trying to tell the truth although they may not be right all of the time is good as well.

You believed a partisan commercial?

I don’t know much about US politics. How did the Democrats manage to lose?

Here’s one analysis.

8 Likes

Their candidate said this “I don’t think parents should be telling schools what they should teach.”. Republicans ran with this, as they should.

Exit polls show they got killed by independents and moderates.

1 Like

Even the NYT is getting the message…sort of.

1 Like
1 Like

They played a tape of Youngkin saying how honored he was for Trump’s endorsement.

To me, McAuliffe just comes across like a nouveau-riche Clintonista on the take that rose from the bayou and stepped on everyone to get up the food chain. I wouldn’t trust the dude to sweep the porch, let alone run a state. Let him clean Hillary’s pampers (although Huma is likely possessive).

I may not agree with the progressive wing of the Dems but at least they stand for something. Terry stands for Terry and the Clintoons.

2 Likes