Virtual Wives

Nonono. The correct phrasing is “go back to your own country!”

2 Likes

It’s depressing, too. So many of those skills will die never having been passed down.

One of my favorite restaurants in town used to serve this plum tea that I just loved. I looked forward to it every time I ate there. They always got it from one specific guy who brewed it with his own recipe. But when he retired, that was it. They stopped serving it because they couldn’t find another supplier. His kids didn’t want to learn it, so now that flavor is just lost forever. I seriously feel sad right now just thinking about it.

3 Likes

To be honest, for most Taiwanese, losing their cooking skills isn’t much of a loss. :sunglasses:

1 Like

They probably don’t even try. It’s not that hard to know how to cook a few dishes that you can always eat. But then again I’ve met some awful cooks. I think for many people they’re ok with mediocre food. They eat just to live, I live to eat haha.

This is what I don’t get. Cooking is so easy up to a reasonable level of food. Obviously cooking top quality cuisine takes a lot of skill.

:roll:

You have to scream “This is MTGA country!” and throw some stinky tofu at them.

1 Like

I think it’s pretty safe to assume that Australia has better therapists who speak English. OP’s problems cannot be solved by teaching English in Taiwan. He needs therapy.

Besides, the way you guys talk about women’s ability to cook is distasteful, as if it was a woman’s job to cook. I know you guys are old but this is 2019.

Btw, it’s Blade Runner 2049.

1 Like

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LfVCTGrOVXE

2 Likes

I know right, how degrading and oppressive to be able to feed your family a nice meal.

7 Likes

What about YOU feed your family a nice meal? :roll:

1 Like

Who says I can’t? Why would you be with a person who can’t contribute to the family.

Men should be the provider women should take care of the family and if they want have the choice to work. ( or not ).
I would much rather make sure my family is being taken good care of and presented with great nutritious food everyday than work and end up not giving everyone enough care.

1 Like

or vice versa, or both provide and both take care.

I do both. Wife’s currently larging it up in Budapest.

Completely agree with this. I have been cooking since I was in college. It’s how I survived in a dorm and so many years in a in such a toxic food poisoning environment like Taiwan. If I ever mention to new people that I cook, they always seem surprised…not sure why.

Of course he doesn’t, and I say that as someone who has a completely worthless counselling certificate. He just needs to decide what he wants more: booze or women. I get the feeling he’s failed to RTFM for Life, but there’s nothing wrong with him as such. He seems like a personable chap who just needs to (a) find some direction in life and (b) up his game. Counselling (at least in its usual form) won’t help with either of those.

Not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to have sex. It’s an incredibly primal skill that both men and women should acquire. The thread is about wives, so of course people are focusing on the cooking skills of wives rather than husbands.

Well done for getting “it’s current year!” in there, though.

It’s a recurring trope in fiction. The one that springs to mind is “I, Mudd”. Interestingly, synthetic husbands crop up a lot less often. That must be because of discrimination and Thuh Patriarchy, of course, since there’s no difference between men and women.

1 Like

Well maybe you can be his therapist.

If these are the only options for him, he really needs therapy.

I don’t think that’s the case at all.

Sometimes, the patient needs to be told either that he’s not ill, or that there’s no medicalized solution to his problem.

I expect better reasoning than that from a Law student. Go and sit at the back of the class and think about what you did.

I’m curious what other skills you think are obsolete (for women only, of course) in current year. How about cleaning? Or parenting? Essential know-how, or useless patriarchal baggage?

I thought many therapists just talk to their patients. I never mentioned prescription.

:roll:

Everyone needs to know how to clean (at least to the point that they don’t bother the others) but only parents need to know parenting.