Visa Free Ways to extend stay

Thank you! Indeed Great news! I have been looking for a flight all this days, and now my country banned all the flights so I would have been forced to overstay.

Make sure that you turn yourself in before June 30.

1 Like

I’m going to do it on Monday. I already have contacted with NIA cause I’m stuck in Taiwan. I may even call them today to verify it.

Don’t you have to leave right away when you turn yourself in?

I’m going to call them to ask.
Cause I may be able to apply for visa since I can’t go back to my country.

Use a burner phone.

2 Likes

Good luck. If you manage to get a hold of someone there, could you ask them to clarify the phrase “no entry ban”… does that mean people from visa-exempt country won’t lose their visa-exempt privilege if they turn themselves in?

Why can’t you go back?

Haha just saw this. We are in pretty similar mindsets apparently :rofl:

1 Like

It was really easy for my boyfriend to call like seconds.
Don’t know where he found the number tbh.
We don’t need an English speaker so it’s easier.

All flights have been banned in Greece.

Hahaha… :smile:

There still flights and avaliable seats sold from Taipei taking you to Athens. Not direct of course!

What date?

And yeah it’s not direct I need to pass China, no thanks.
Plus it takes 30hours for a flight with about 3 stops in level 3 countries and cost 1500 basically paying to get the virus.

Be aware many websites are scamming us right now!
Booked a flight it got cancelled they never send me a notice or anything trying to get a refund now.

1 Like

Just called NIA using my skype number.

• NIA was very friendly and understanding
  • Overstaying visa exempt until June 30th and using the program is possible
  • After an overstay, it is not possible to use visa exempt to enter Taiwan for 1 year
  • Instead of visa exempt, you have to apply for a visitor visa to enter Taiwan. It was confirmed that should be no problem at all getting that visa. Even if it is a tourist visa.
  • The fee is always 2000ntd, no matter the length of overstay. If the overstay is less than 3 months, the fee can be paid at the airport
3 Likes

https://www.kayak.com/flights/TPE-ATH/2020-03-20-flexible-1day#_

Book direct via the carrier not travel agent if possible. I understand that you don’t want to get on a plane right now but that’s not the same as saying ATH is closed. Just be careful about telling lies when you apply for a visa.

1 Like

Yeah, they’ll probably be understanding about re-entry post-apocalypse if you had to overstay. Even the Chicoms let me back in after my pre-Olympic deportation.

Then there’s still a penalty…

3 Likes

I’m guessing we can infer from the cut-off date (June 30) that Taiwan expects the ban on foreigners to last at least until then?

I daresay there’s going to be long lines of people waiting to pay the overstay fee come late June.

2 Likes