Visa runs and FBI checks during coronavirus period

Nope. Every country does that now cause they want as less people as possible to enter their country.
It’s not risky who said that?
They even help me in the airport and gave me advice. The passport control is always friendly and never ask why I did visa run.

Why is there a thread called “Visa runs during coranavirus period” if it wasn’t risky?

Anyway, good luck to you sir! I hope everything works out for you.

I wasn’t planning on sticking around. Plenty of other places with 90-day visa-free cruds. But Taipei is such a normal decent city that I did dinnae want to leave.

1 Like

Good luck.

who said anything about that… just for example, if you have a fulltime youtuber making more money than an english teacher, or even the same amount, but the only difference is they need to do visa runs… i’m sorry but most would choose the youtube option.

3 Likes

I think some people may prefer teaching English than the YouTube option,

1 Like

And the YouTuber could even make a video of his/her Visa run too!!! Or failure if the run didnt end as hoped even.

2 Likes

It’s difficult to pinpoint who said anything about what when you don’t quote it.

I’m not going too waste much more time explaining the obvious. You can’t get an employer sponsored ARC as a fulltime youtuber. To get one would be an entitlement which currently isn’t offered. I don’t know why this obvious fact has become an issue. One can choose the youtube option but would have to run the risk of visa runs getting cancelled because of something like a virus.

Irrespective of the reason why people decide to live in Taiwan without an ARC etc and have to do Visa Runs every now an then…my view of the whole topic is as it says, just doing such a trip at present is very dicey as people have found out that the first half of the Run is simple (though thats even getting hard now), its the return to Taiwan that has suddenly become very difficult, if not impossible.
The whole “Visa Run” subject is now dead until all the drama is over and the restrictions get lifted.

its pretty straight forward mate. it may have risks but its still a better option than having an ARC english teaching job for those that do it. it ain’t rocket science.

and yes the current situation is far from normal, if everyone knew this was going to get this bad this fast i’m sure a lot of people would have done things differently.

1 Like

You didn’t say its risky during coronavirus but you said it’s a risky way to stay in Taiwan.

1 Like

sure…but the video would get demonetized.

You’re right, I didn’t say that prior to Covid-19 because it wasn’t news then. It has now been proven to be a risky way to stay in Taiwan.

1 Like

I agree with everything you say other than an ARC teaching job is the only other option.

what are the other options? excluding studying. thats needs to be full time hours doesn’t it?

Now there aren’t many options. Previously it would have been possible to set up a company, perhaps through HK.

Why do visa runs? The YouTuber just needs to open a rep office here! They should already be incorporated somewhere.

because the youtuber didn’t earn enough to open a rep office? don’t you need to be earning a ton to do that?

1 Like

Nope. You just need to funnel through 48.5k a month through it to sponsor your ARC.

1 Like

For one thing visa runs don’t give you NHI and doesn’t count towards gettting an APRC

3 Likes