Volcanoes flare in Pacific Rim

And after a break, the volcano has started spewing death again.

Video with overview

A friend from Guatemala told me that it’s getting worse…

Yep. It has started again.

75 dead officially but who knows how many people were just evaporated or buried under the pyroclastic flow. Rescue efforts difficult in the rain.

Loyal dog leads rescuers to his owners. Unfortunately, they were killed in the blast.

https://youtu.be/V414RZzFOUY

Doggie was rescued afterwards and taken to Guatemala city, to find him a new home.

https://youtu.be/hyCiDECEFHA

In other canine related news, Frida, the rescue dog hero in the Mexico earthquake, will travel to Guatemala to help with search and rescue efforts.

2 Likes

Eh Frida is not going to Guatenmala. Friggin fake news.

Rescue operations halted due to bad weather. 101 confirmed dead, about 200 plus missing.

The old man in the first video I put has died from complications due to his burns. They just flew 6 Guatemalan kids to US for treatment due to severe burns. Waiting for medical teams and assistance from abroad to help with so many burn victims.

Taiwan already handed in some food and supplies and the Taiwanese expats are also collecting goods for the affected people.

In other news, 16 volcanoes around the Ring of Fire are erupting right now.

I think this is a good thing. The virus can’t survive a volcanoing.

1 Like

One not, but 16 is overkill. All over: Japan, Indonesia, Central and South America.

something about humans being the virus and the earth is eradicating us

1 Like

Sorry, I farted.

I lived within the Caldera of one in the 1970’s. Even climbed into a Crater (and damn near died from the Sulfur fumes).

Rabaul

It popped later - 1994 - and has been semi active since. A beautiful town all but destroyed by the ash, fortunately only a couple of fatalities as they had a good evacuation plan to follow when ‘notice’ (usually in the form of a heap of earthquakes) was given.

1 Like
1 Like

August definitively wants to go boom…

I’m willing to bet these images of Mt Aso erupting in Kyushu will be the craziest thing you’ve seen today:

Guy

3 Likes

AFP has a report, posted here via today’s Taipei Times, on said volcano’s eruption:

Guy

2 Likes

Between this and La Palma…

… doomsday is coming!

Not really. Just solar flares doing their thang.

Good thing ash clouds cool things down. It is going to be a cold winter.

Failed crops …

Respiratory distress in the middle of a pandemic…

Economic loses… Electric network damage… Breaks in transportation and distribution…

Etc.