Wack (and tragic) things in Cambodia

Full scale human organ harvesting operation by Taiwanese.

The news stories almost hard to believe.

“A victim who had been duped into going to Cambodia to have their organs harvested. Lin can be seen using terms such as “full dismantlement,” meaning that the heart, liver, kidney, and cornea could be removed…”

I’m not trying to connect these two news stories but it’s safe to say should not be accepting extravagant offers for travel to Cambodia.

Hugely detailed and informative article by our veritable journalistic ultra detective, Keoni Everington. :100:

3 Likes

For once he wrote a good article. Although “three Taiwanese people” and “his organs were spared” were weird word choices.

1 Like

Huh?

:duck:ing hell, I’m not going anywhere near the place offer or not.

1 Like

Informative maybe

Gobbledegook is informative? Okay.

They wouldn’t be able to use my organs for more than research, so I’m fine.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t touch your organs with a barge pole. Mine, on the other hand, are in tip top condition. Especially my brian.

2 Likes

:rofl:

Guy

2 Likes

Always has been. Taiwan has loads of criminals doing illegal business between here and many countries. the difference is the migration has reversed and people all of a sudden care. Sex slaves, or other wordings that people can choose to alleviate the realness, have been a long standing import business in Taiwan. The organ harvesting just makes it taste that much more bitter :frowning:

Better late than never. all those people are fucking scum, including the pencil pushers that justify their “ignorance” of being involved.

Cambodian police recently found many of these fraud rings had left Cambodia to hide in Myanmar or Laos after local police launched a series of raids to track them down.
Many of these 296 Taiwanese could also be scattered around in different Southeast Asian countries, making it difficult for the Taiwan government to find them and offer assistance.

2 Likes

Cambodia to Myanmar seems like a trek under the circumstances.

I’m guessing you’d go up through Laos and cross illegally at one of the official or unofficial border crossings in the mountainous regions around there.

Even in northern Thailand those areas are quite sketchy and I think still have some unguarded or semi-unguarded crossings. Like the photo below - Myanmar is just around the corner here, maybe <25 meters away, but this was as far as my dad and I wanted to go in case some soldiers and/or dogs popped out of the bushes. :grimacing:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t want to make the trip as a slave in tow. No doubt the scumbags errr police tipped some favored animals off.

Human trafficking is already big in Thailand and Myanmar. Wouldn’t be difficult if they’re in the industry to go by boat or overland. Thai police are very entrepreneurial

1 Like

Just don’t say that about the king!

Guy

1 Like

*eyes gloss over

The late king was an artist and a scientist and a musician and a diplomat and a great man who worked tirelessly for his people and stayed above politics and totally made the royal family both great and rich again while taking nothing from his people (only giving). The country has so little poverty and so little wealth gap because of his contributions and sacrifice. Nobody could ever say anything bad about the late, great king.

And his son is also a king.

*shakes head, back to work

4 Likes

It’s reached the stage now that when I hire a scooter I drive around to find the police and hand over 300 baht. Makes it easier and you get three days grace from their harassment.

2 Likes

Yikes.

Guy