Wack Things in Taiwan 2019

they were playing human backgammon

3 Likes

Yesterday I had a local (not a fureigner) stink up my area on the MRT. Too crowded to move anywhere. Just closed my nostrils!

got the pre 9 o clock taiwanese driller alarm clock today. i hope you guys accidentally drill through your own head.

I bet it happens more frequently than one might suspect.

Don’t know what is the rules here but in Australia I had a job, we would start digging with jackhammers at 8 in the morning in a residential area, sucks but nothing you can do except ear muffs (even though not comfortable while sleeping)

true. so i try to be productive by wishing death upon them.

surprisingly i’m not the only one it pissed off, i noticed my neighbour up on the roof trying to find out who it was doing the drilling. i thought taiwanese were immune to that sort of thing.

1 Like

8AM-5PM is the rule here in buildings. Sunday not! Saturday, some areas allow.

It’s not just the drilling, it’s all the stuff that comes with and after it. Dust, removal, people going up and down the elevator etc.

1 Like

no more 50m scooter ride to family mart, someone will do it for you.

2 Likes

Today in Taipei on the blue line I’ve seen something that blew my mind. A young guy, probably high school or Uni student, was wearing a baseball cap. He had a smartphone selfie stick fixed on the hat’s bill using several rounds of packing tape. The end of the selfie stick was right in front of his eyes and he attached the phone with screen pointing in his direction so that he could watch the screen full time without having to hold it.
I didn’t dare to take out my phone and take a pic of him, he clearly established 3C dominance over the rest of the passengers.

This is both for Wack thing in Taiwan and life on the MRT, but the fact that I saw him in the mrt was not a key part of it.

Holy fuck, man!
If they start doing smokes/beer/whiskey runs, it could be the end of life as we know it…:eek:

3 Likes

Have your seen this one?

1 Like

Coming to a scooter driver near you

2 Likes

That’s like super-pro level. That guy’s thing was basically the same concept, but homemade (for underground hipster points) and hanging from his cap.
I didn’t know this thing existed, I’m kinda glad I’ve never seen one in real life…

Deleted

Yes, with a miniature fan.

Don’t give them any ideas, they’ll use it while driving!

3 Likes

News lately talking about the strange groupies which built the illegal building on government land. In Taiwan a large building can be built on government land and connected to electricity and also has government supplied house number. Only when hits the news that the government seems to become aware of the illegal building.

A guy living near me built a small house without applying for a permit…has both electricity and house number.

2 Likes

Welcome to Taiwan!

2 Likes

Didn’t know “FamilyMart… boasts the highest outlet density”. I thought there were more 7-Elevens.

Because we are Family!..wait, no that’s Chinatrust. My bad.

Last night was the second time my wife and I were startled by gunfire near our house. The problem here in the countryside is the government issues gun licenses to some aboriginals who help to hunt down the wild pigs which farmers fear.
I am okay with the hunting of the pigs. These guys wander around our neighborhood looking for pig tracks. Of course, some farmers tell them to go look on their land…and while there these guys naturally wander around other farmers’ land in their search. What bothers me is they shoot rabbits when they are next to my land. We go out to complain as I simply don’t like this gunfire 50M from my house. I think is ridiculous they say “we are hunting pigs” when their gunfire certainly scares away any pigs hanging around. We also hear this gunfire in the “restricted wildlife area” next to us. Our neighbor went into the wildlife area to investigate and saw 4 skulls on sticks (he could not recognize the animal).
So basically these guys are using their guns to just hunt whatever they want (only my guess as besides rabbits do not know exactly what they hunt). We have had numerous others come down our road to trap birds and turtles…but my staring at them and questioning them has lowered that number dramatically.
I am going to see if my wife will complain to the government office in charge of them. We may want them to get rid of a pig on our land one day…but do not want them running around the land next to us randomly shooting what they see.