Wack Things in Taiwan 2019

Did you get ambushed by the flush on approach?

Not as good as someone else’s feet

1 Like

Hey, what you do with your wife in the shower is none of our business. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Why do we need boiling hot water on demand? I don’t have one of these machines at home but they are widely used. Seems like a waste of energy.

1 Like

One more reason to not wear slippers, flip-flops or sock-less sandals!

To make tea on demand?

Ok I asked the wrong question.

Does it make sense to spend the energy to keep a volume of water at 100C 24/7 for that 0.01% of the time you actually use it? I think that’s wack

1 Like

Those things make much less sense now that they have those electric kettles that boil water in like 10 seconds. We swapped out our Zojirushi for one of those a few years ago and never looked back.

1 Like

It makes even less sense when you realise the plastic is dissolved in your tea.

1 Like

Actually, they use it more for pao mien. You know, to up the cancer factor.

A real waste of money in extra electricity, but try explaining that.

1 Like

But every appliance in the house must be unplugged to save energy. A friend stayed at my house while I was out of town and unplugged my modem and wireless router. It took me 30 minutes to get set up again. I find the microwave and dryer unplugged…

1 Like

with the AC they do the opposite

Actually had a normal convo today. Joy

I have an employer who insists that unplugging the CD players when they’re not being used is going to save electricity. Telling her that I grew up with a father who is a master electrician, and you’re speaking shit, is not going to cut it. Expert advice is frowned upon, because grandma said it’s true.

I also get half onions strategically positioned in my classrooms because grandma says it kills bacteria and viruses.
Respecting one’s elders and whatever bullshit they spew is an important tenet of Confucianism.

Make sure you scuttle away like cockroaches being sprayed with insecticide when it rains. Your hair is going to fall out and you’re going to get skin cancer.
Grandma said so.

4 Likes

I think this was grandma’s trick to cover up old dirty vegetables. Cut up huge chunks of garlic and add to anything old or dirty.

20191030_212349

why is it that only the mens hair falls out?

You mean you’ve never seen all the middle-aged and up ladies with half their hair missing?

1 Like

no?

Start paying attention…I think you may be surprised.

Well, when you see one you will see a lot all the time, good luck for now on!!

the same when you realize they use coca-cola / coke for cooking, today I even saw someone in television putting coke to a soup.

2 Likes