Wack Things in Taiwan 2019

This is very true. After your first spotting you start noticing them everywhere.

whats the dish? never seen it here. although i know coke chicken is a dish in china.

Balding women is very common in Taiwan. Patches and balding. And all age groups. Notice all the women’s wig shops, in Taipei especially.

There are a few threads here over the years but not much value.

But is it because they didn’t run away from the rain?

is that an asian thing or what? is it to do with there just being a lot of people here so you guys noticed it more?

some people in that thread said they notice their hair on the floor. i think thats because the floors here are white tiles. its easy to notice anything on those.

one thing i have noticed is people quite young getting grey hairs though.

There are a fair number of devices that use power if plugged in, even when not in use (and even not in standby mode). Phone charging cables draw power if left plugged in.

Most of this consumption is minimal, but with all the devices out there it does add up. Doesn’t help the air quality in Taichung if coal is burned to power unused devices.

Easy to make fun when you got no fuckin hair to lose, ain’t it???

1 Like

Please tell me you don’t think the cable itself draws power…

cola chicken wings are nice, the cola makes a sticky coating, with fresh chilli and Szechuan peppercorns for that sweet spicy mix

Vampire power, or standby power, is absolutely a thing. How big a thing, on the other hand, is a whole other issue.

No kidding? Wow I learn something new every day.

Actually I was referring to the statement “Phone charging cables draw power if left plugged in”. Just making sure that nobody thinks CABLES draw power. It’s the electronic stuff on the end of it, or the charger on the wall socket that draws power.

Wtf Taiwan…

ps: K-Man will write a scorching article about this, with the most relevant reaction from netizens.

English version.

Dang. that’s a lot of booger tea.
Hope they got lots of toilet paper.

1 Like

I do believe this #5litrechallenge may lead to some casualties. People chugging it down and suffocating from pearls stuck in their trachea, others suddenly developing a new form of diabetes…
This is our version of the tide pod challenge.

1 Like

:thinking:

that challenge is nothing. give me a week and i would finish it. :muscle::muscle: jia you!:100:

A week?? You need to 乾杯 that mofo while livestreaming it on Facebook (so that if things go wrong there’s going to be a new trending video on Best Gore)

1 Like

Danish cyclist sits for pic on Taiwanese family tomb altar

1 Like

Nice pic!

It’s probably a 2 million NT$ grave.