Wack Things in Taiwan 2019

That was a standard ice cream eating implement when I was a child. Much better than the fragile little plastic spoons you get now.

2 Likes

Same here, and it’s still used. In fact, I believe it’s included in the tiny Haagen-Daz ice cream cups for sale at all 7-11’s in Taiwan.

The little stick ain’t so bad. Just wait for the ice cream to get a little bit softer, or you run the risk of flinging.

2 Likes

Let it sit for an hour and you can use a straw.

Hammer the stick in with your phone, turn it upside down, pop the cup off and eat it like a #%#^% ice pop

4 Likes

Ice cream? Done that when I was a kid! It works.

Jeez! Disgusting!:nauseated_face:

The spotify commercial with the sound of someone slurping some water. NFI what they are selling, but if you’ve heard it you know the one I mean. Eeeek I can’t stand it…

Slurping is the best way to promote!
Just watch an instant noodles commercial and you’ll know… :drooling_face:

This type of thing doesn’t bother me, but it really bothers some people.

I had an ex who could barely tolerate the sound of eating. I’m not even a noisy eater, but we still pretty much had to eat in separate rooms. Needless to say, I got sick of that shit :rofl:

1 Like

You never had some table companions that ‘smack’ while eating and talk with a mouth full of food?

Isn’t that their way to show appreciation for the delicious food they are having?
If you get lucky, since may even jump from their mouth direct to your plate!

I guess that parental influence and the importance of table manners differ around the World . Some rules , irrespective of culture, are just being considerate to others . I was quite strict with my children at the dinner table . Sit up straight , don’t hold your knife like a pen , do not eat with your mouth open and ask for permission to leave the table . I am irritated by cutlery being improperly arranged :pensive:. I would never point these things out to others , as that would also be improper and not gentlemanly . Perhaps they are better than I am in many ways , but I grin and bear the frustration .

2 Likes

And here I had you pegged as a swinging bachelor. :grin:

1 Like

Swinging ! ? :blush: sadly not . I am a bachelor though .

Dangling?

The prurient @Dr_Milker strikes again :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Uh, I was thinking, like, dangling participles…

I always wondered why 'mericans change forks from left to right then eat, change again to left, than cut their meat, change again to eat … it takes ages to finish, eating this way there shouldn’t be any overweight people in the US.

https://www.facebook.com/100006472663513/videos/2793728467519548/