Wack Things in Taiwan 2020

Yeah, I forgot that in the past few years hipsters have been buying old tapes and issuing new cassette tapes out of nostalgia. I guess there is a market after all.

1 Like

I was glad vinyl LPs made a come back… until I saw the prices.

I still dream of a proper jukebox…If I can get 45s to fill it. My kingdom for my Black Betty!

2 Likes

Yea, why not.

Words. Too many words.

It must be antique. The only problem is you need to have tapes to play. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Nah totally wack. This isn’t Bali!

2 Likes

You said a mouthful, there.

Huge line of taxis 10am Sunday morning waiting for Saturday night crowd to come out of KTV. Linsen Beilu Taipei.

And drunk people stumbling around.

Isn’t that where the fire was an hour later?

Until you see prices for 45 rpm

17 posts were merged into an existing topic: Deadly Karaoke fire kills 5+ in Taipei

Yep. Here in Taiwan they start at 400 and up they go into the thousands.
Heck, Takeshi Kaneshiro’s tapes are 2000 NTD. CDs are cheaper.

Tesla taxi. Same white bumpers like other taxis.

10 Likes

Is this mob, ‘Onde’, subsidised by the gunmit or is this a user pays type deal? Either way - not wack! Well except for the white bumpers, which jar a little to my eye.

Frustrated trying to buy a drink at public gym and machine no longer accepts cash or easycard.

And only accepts 4 epayment types.

Government is really pushing cashless payments to the point of eliminating other options.

5 Likes

It’s probably just because you’re white.

Are you sure it’s the government pushing cashless? I suspect the vending machine operators are the guilty ones.

4 Likes

Yea, possible. But I think the government must have some kind of direct decision authority or maybe monetary support over this specific machine inside the government gym.

I don’t think vending machine operators are quite yet ready to kick out cash and easycard sales without realizing some other monetary benefit.

The other vending machines inside accept cash and easycard. This is the only one with the health and protein supplements.

I hate this