Wack Things in Taiwan 2020

I hope they were quarantined for a few weeks without their phones when they came back in through customs.

3 Likes

I bet some people took time off of work to catch this fake flight…

3 Likes

When I first heard about this I assumed it was for the visa overstay professionals.
I heard there used to be a boat that would just go out to international waters then you could get a new stamp.

2 Likes

How would that work? They stamp your passport when you get on the boat and then stamp it again when you get off the boat?

They just trust the captain to say yes we were in international waters?

Still sounds more interesting than boarding a grounded plane for no reason.

1 Like

Yes, exactly.

This one is super wack. When I seen it first I assumed the plane would take off and do a sight seeing lap of Taiwan or something.

It takes the most horrible parts of the travelling experience (check-in, security check & boarding) and turns them into some sort of “enjoyable” activity, what sort of mental issues are required to consider this enjoyable?

11 Likes

When it was my job to check in people, I found very enjoyable.

Being on the other side sucks.

Even the international news picked up on it.

1 Like

MRT, young woman, probably cosmetic sales as she was lugging this case on wheels around, in a hurry, walking fast. She skips in front of me and coming at the exit turn style she stops and … starts looking for her Easy Card for like for ever. I just went passed her with my smug smile thinking … well you know what I was thinking.

Did you sniff her hair? :thinking:

No! I was thinking why TF you skip in front of me, block my path, and than you need to look for your card. BE PREPARED WOMAN!

2 Likes

Yes, but what did her hair smell like?

4 Likes

Probably milk shampoo.

What a pr*&K!

Hopefully someone helps the guys sue him for public insults as well.

1 Like

I guess this qualifies under wacky Taiwan stuff, though it’s too commonplace: why insist on using only the year part of the date as the time since some glorious emperor? And that too in official correspondence. Is it that hard to change the year to the Gregorian calendar format as well? I would say this is also one of those things that keep Taiwan as a lingering 2/3rd world country.

Anybody see the giant red moon over the island tonight. Was pretty whack awesome.

1 Like

What are you talking about??

3 Likes

What date would be printed today on your bank statement or a purchase slip ?

In Chinese and/or inside Taiwan? ROC or Gregorian year.
In English (mostly) or for elsewhere in the world? Gregorian year.
Hardly incomprehensible.

Utter horseshit.

4 Likes