Wack Things in Taiwan 2020

My uni has signs up everywhere stating that “________ is a non-smoking campus”. It sounds stupid, because a lot of the students are smokers. It’s inaccurate.
Rather put up signs that say “You’re not allowed to smoke on campus.”

2 Likes

Why? The campus means the grounds, not the students.

1 Like

It’s the term “non-smoking” that riles me. Because there are prolific smokers. “Non-smoking” implies a life choice, not an order.

1 Like

Of all the Chinglish signs in Taiwan, I’m surprised it is this one that bothers you.

6 Likes

It’s a bridge in the open air! One could smoke at bridge entrance? Hey why not say Due to Covid-19 “masks have to worn on this bridge”
I think it’s wack
But hey as a non smoker I would I suppose.

This doesn’t work unless you gets the gramma rite

1 Like

Dangerous place, take care! /s

3 Likes

Yes, it’s the only area in Taipei where I have felt uneasy walking around.

Having to watch Taiwanese adverts before online videos.

Is any ad more obnoxious than Taiwan ads? I refuse to use Uber Eats because I’m sick of that old bag shouting at me whenever I try to watch a youtube vid.

They’ve either got loud annoying music. Some shrill shrieking girl, or some overly loud buffoon.

12 Likes

spend the 150nt on youtube plus. It also comes with youtube music, so you can cancel your spotify subscription.

2 Likes

Normal in London and other uk cities.

More like normal in European cities.

If you have an Android phone, “YouTube Vanced” was also not too hard to install and works very well

NewPipe does the job too, is open source and you can subscribe to channels without an account.

1 Like

Detaining suspects and solving crime in less than one day! Not normal.

Fake ass Hollywood sign

1 Like

That’s pretty cool to be fair.

6 Likes

She had been live streaming as she walked down Ziqiang Road in Sanchong District

1 Like

Damn. Now Sanchong is not even safe from Wanhua thugs. :grin:

2 Likes

A pro Trump rally in Taipei, organized by the Epoch Times.