Wack Things In Taiwan 2021

To kick off the year I give you a lady walking her lamas or alpaca or whatever those are…

Residential area of Taipei.

17 Likes

Why is that wack? I think that’s kinda cool. :+1:

It’s cold today, and that’s wack.

Could be illegal maybe? They are frikkin cute though.

Well, imagine you live below them. Maybe they have indoor slippers?

Or from their perspective, living in an urban environment where they don’t belong. But yeah, they are pretty interesting.

You know what though, I’m pretty ignorant about them, perhaps Taipei is the ideal environment and they’re happy as can be.

1 Like

Eh you may think that there are legal limits to what animals you can keep, how many and in what way…or whether those laws can be enforced…

But it is January 1st, we have to be positive and her pets look well kept. More importantly, they are out there taking a stroll and that is good.

3 Likes

I see a store keeping lots of parrots and every time I walk by you can hear their sound. I can’t imagine living in that area.

1 Like

We have a small aquarium so sometimes browse the shops next to the airport. I noticed there are a lot of exotic species of various kinds including turtles, frogs, lizards… I wonder if all of those are legal…

3 Likes

Many sidewalks here are so slippery LMAO

Who needs a scooter?
20210104_115810

14 Likes

A little squawking never killed anybody. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Better than drunken karaoke in any case.

1 Like

Uncooked?

Walking in Ximen this evening and a guy, apparently, fell from the sky.

Police on the scene shortly thereafter but didn’t appear that concerned.

2 Likes

Last name Bowie?

3 Likes

Oh if you are at Carrefour, Costco, or other places with cart escalators, don’t stand in line with the downhill going ones… I saw on tvbs that the carts can slip and come crashing down.

Sushidog

This bizarre food actually tasted pretty good.

6 Likes

:nauseated_face:

3 Likes

Lin later filed an appeal in the New Taipei District Court, arguing that he had not been given an opportunity to present his arguments in the first case because he had arrived late for the hearing after “people gave him wrong directions.”

7 Likes

What do you suggest, jump over the side of the escalator if someone puts a cart on behind you?

One?

1 Like

Guess that it was as serious as it looked.

The first paragraph describes in detail his injuries.

…Why?