Wack Things In Taiwan 2021

1 Like

Had the same thing the other week in IKEA, place wasn’t even that busy, lot’s of tables around with spare chairs but she went out of her way to grab one from the foreigners table. She got called back fairly sharpish as I was actually waiting for people getting food, not even an apology.

:sob:

We have to make do with small mercies, just as they have to…

1 Like

Whot? No sleepers?

1 Like

A few of those, more of the laptop & phone twats with a 6 hour old cup of coffee

1 Like

Escalator ‘on demand’!

I really hate the way Taiwanese don’t talk to each other anymore. It sucks.

1 Like

Elderly folk should not be on the escalators. There are ads on the mrt directing them to the elevators. But do they listen? Nooo

So they shakily huddle towards the escalators with packages, toddler grandkids, etc… Results vary but bouncing of others domino effect down the stairs is the most probable.

1 Like

Please let me present, Taiwan North Korean Preschool…

5 Likes

I imagine there’s lots of praising of The Great Leader and much cussing out of the American imperialists there.

And is the Indian flag?

Funny, but given the other flags displayed, I imagine someone just goofed and printed out North Korean flag instead of South Korean.

2 Likes

:man_facepalming:

11 Likes

Seems common to change names in Taiwan, I know a few. It’s rare to change names in my home country or have nick names.

Taiwanese change names to ‘salmon’ for free sushi | Taiwan News | 2021/03/17

1 Like

The longest name in Taiwan.

陳愛台灣鮑鮪鮭魚松葉蟹海膽干貝龍蝦和牛肉美福華君品晶華希爾頓凱薩老爺

5 Likes

Under the terms of the promotion, any customer whose name includes the characters “鮭魚” (pronounced “guiyu,” meaning “salmon” in Chinese), that person and up to five people at the same table can get a free meal at any of the chain’s 20 outlets in Taiwan on Wednesday and Thursday, the chain wrote in a Facebook post.
A 50 percent discount is offered to people whose name comprises the characters “gui” and “yu,” in any order, while a 10 percent discount will be given to customers with one of the characters in their name, according to the chain.

Korea Fish (韓國瑜) misses out again! 瑜 ≠ 魚
May be they will make an exception for him. :joy:

2 Likes

Chinese don’t have the same attachment to given names. They have long changed their names to reflect life events or change their luck, and used nicknames or names reflecting social or family position. Dying out a bit with modern ID.

2 Likes

Haa try New Taipei City national library.
Students.
Go plonk bag on the seat a few books on worktop, 6 hours still not returned.

As for sleepers I joined em now, the seats are pretty generous size and comfortable.

Also older Taiwanese won’t sit anywhere near me so I sit near them, they move more space for me :grinning:

1 Like

That’s how desperate they are, changing name for a free meal!
Anyways, would it work with ‘pig ass’ too? Free pig ass for the whole table!

2 Likes

Not even a free meal, at best 50% off!

3 Likes