Wack Things In Taiwan 2021

Lawsuit pending against the sushi guy?

1 Like

Easy, twice. I got mine changed and they said I have one more go. They asked me if I was sure about the change.

What was your previous name, Mr. Pai?

3 Likes

Pai Bi Li!

2 Likes

So for us foreigners starting without a chinese name, does the first-time version count as the first change already?
Or do we still have 3 more change-credits available?

2 Likes

Are you jonesing for some discounted sushi? :rofl:

Guy

1 Like

include as many fish names as possible. No need to change your name for each discount event.

They guy that sells the chicken feet is doing a sales promotion, change your name to ‘chicken feet’ and you get a year’s worth free.

1 Like

3 Likes

Moved to the countryside to enjoy some peace and quiet. Recently some farm land nearby our house was sold to a “religious” group. They bulldozed the land and put a thick layer of payment over the entire tract. Now there are about 10 large tents and a constant stream of devotees coming to chant and eat.

A friend at our house heard from us what happened and guessed correctly that he knew who they were as this is how they operate. The leaders are growing their flock and just need more land to hold their events. Our local leader (the guy elected to represent our areas on small matters) has already met with them and has taken their side…trying to convince everyone to just leave them alone.

Now they have gas generators and leave their lights on all night and cars are parked everywhere since even their paved parking lot is too small.

Nevermind the local government told us our grass growing on farmland was against the law. These guys just paved over the whole farm land to hold meetings.

Looks like we are in for a big fight…100 of them versus my wife and I.

9 Likes

That’s not “wack”—that sounds corrupt AF.

Aren’t there laws against using farmland in this way?

Guy

3 Likes

A guy who I often see on the way to work who INSISTS on walking on the road even though there’s a perfectly good pavement. He annoys me because I cycle, so when I come across this drip I end up having to swerve further into the middle of the road to avoid clattering into him, thus putting me at risks of the buses and cars and everything else whizzing by.

I’ve taken to shouting “get on the F****cking pavement” when I pass by. He still does it.

2 Likes

If it’s a Taiwan religion group, then you have a lot more than 100 to fight and at many levels and agencies and non-agencies. Losing battle.

Might want to consider a different strategy. Especially good if it gives the impression that you gave up things and they owe you or should be appreciative.

Another strategy check around to see if others are in the same corner.

lol

“Hi, we’re your neighbors. I see you recently bought this land? Pretty nice patch, aside from what they are saying about it being bad juju. Y’know since the tragic suicide, all that terrible accidents etc. But I don’t know for sure. Just what I happened to hear.”

3 Likes

My kid pointed this out to by asking ‘what is car sex’ as we walked past :neutral_face::grin:.,
My wife was like, don’t take a photo !

Well, when a mommy car and a daddy car love each other very much…

5 Likes

I went to a yangminshan hotspring last weekend. Frankly went to the naked dipping area to see what’s it’s about. Signs everywhere saying no phones, no this and that.
Go in and there dudes watching baseball games on their phone and others chatting on them. WTF.

1 Like