Wack Things In Taiwan 2021

When things like this happen, I really hate hearing how quickly a price tag will be put on a human life as well as the excuses that will be made for the truck driver.
The article is so poorly written and ends with this. “The exact cause of the accident is currently under investigation.”

3 Likes

Victims don’t speak. Easy targets.

1 Like

This morning a guy was so deeply involved watching his ‘smart’ phone that he stepped onto an MRT train that had stopped service, lights turned off, then doors closed, panic set in. He luckily got the attention of a station security guy that notified the driver. After a few minutes they got him off the train.

3 Likes

I that happen to someone who stayed sat on the train engrossed on his phone. Unfortunately I reached the top of the escalator, so didn’t see what happened. But I like to think he got whisked away to some maintenance depot or wherever the trains go to sleep and then looked up his phone and was just completely baffled.

1 Like

Anyone failing leaving the train at the last stop of the day will be turned into a MRT Driver. That’s how they get new personnel.

7 Likes

He literally walked into a dark car.

Maybe he thought it was the MRT equivalent of the Covid flights to nowhere?

Maybe he thought they were trying to conserve power like the rotating street light cutoffs.

I too have taken such pleasure in re-zapping an already dead or presumed dead mosquito. Sometimes when the torso/carcass falls thru the zapper mesh, I pick it back up and put it back on the zapper grill for another sizzle and pop or two.

No, I’m not a psychopath.

6 Likes

You need to upgrade your mosquito racquet.
I did…It works a charm…But I shocked myself too and the kids are now afraid to touch it. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

The ones from many years ago without the safety mesh and were always fun at parties.

4 Likes

Wait until they figure out how fun mosquito racquet wars are

2 Likes

Already posted above…

2 Likes

Holy shit

"After being thrown a number of times, the boy rose to his hands and knees and complained that his legs hurt, but the coach ordered him to stand up to be thrown again, according to the reports. After the boy then failed to get up, the coach, believing that the boy was just pretending, allegedly dragged him to his feet, and threw him another seven or eight times.
…He was declared brain-dead after an operation to remove the clot, and doctors said that he would probably remain in a persistent vegetative state."

2 Likes

That’s terrible, poor kid and family.

2 Likes

That coach should be locked up for the rest of his life.

4 Likes

Police officer seemed pretty mad the he got called stupid/foolish and used that point to become more aggressive with the woman and block her from leaving and eventually force her to the ground.
After public scrutiny the police only released a part of the officers body cam video.

3 Likes

Threw her to the ground pretty hard. In the middle of the day with nothing going on around.

“They said the incident occurred in a high-crime area where patrols are conducted more frequently”.

By Zhongli train station. Wonder where.