Wack Things In Taiwan 2021

I meant the 棺材板… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

There’s a vegetarian curry one. Not sure if it’s some kind of tofu or seitan with potatoes and carrots, served in a nice crispy end of a dark rye loaf. It’s awesome. I’ll try to find a picture.

:face_vomiting:

Rye, not eye. :man_facepalming:

Now I’m super hungry for a Reuben.

Curse you. :sob:

2 Likes

With Taiwanese food, EVERYone has their own way of making it. If you don’t like one, go find someone else.

In Taichung, there is a place close to the train station that has 肉圓 肉羹湯 that is to die for. It is a way away from the station. You must walk from the train station, find the REALLY wide road that is to the right of the station (I think it’s 中港路) and you will find it somewhere there. There is a bunch of bus depot there, and the restaurant is right next to a 飛狗 bus depot.

With Taiwanese food, you must explore, because the same dish can be served many different ways here.

1 Like

Problem is, it all tastes like sweet and salty ass…

:nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Well I don’t know what you like then.

Maybe you just like normal BBQ?

A vast improvement for sure…

Then you should just get Americanized “Chinese” food.

If you mean “Chinese American” food, that’s disgusting too. How about just Chinese food…that can be delicious. Sichuan, Hunan, Northern…yum!

What’s so wack about this? That they drink Singleton?

They leave these things out because there are people who makes a living selling these stuff to junkyards.

Leaving rubbish randomly in the streets.

It has to me known that the inconvenience of the current rubbish system means people will act like humans and take the easiest way out.

1 Like

Like I said, this isn’t necessarily to be lazy.

There are people who takes these things to the recycling center and get paid for it. If anything it’s an act of charity, and it’s pretty much universal.

Being a douche is leaving residential waste on the curb with rats everywhere (and is punishable by a fine).

But those thing clearly look recyclable. In fact. recycling centers pay money for them. Not a lot but when you have cartloads of bottles it adds up to a few thousand NT$.

Actually, perhaps someone may actually want that aquarium for their new pet frog or whatever.

Menu on uber eats said ”pumpkin pie”, followed by ”南瓜珍珠派”. To be sure, did a Google image search of the Chinese which showed normal pumpkin pie.

Ordered it.

What arrived was certainly not pumpkin pie.

It looked like samosa. Inside was a hot filling of pureed pumpkin and tapioca balls.

Although wack…it was also surprisingly tasty.

2 Likes

Has anyone heard of someone being fined?

I’m sure you can check the relevant agencies for statistics on enforcement.

Not to die of?

1 Like

It’s really good stuff. Better than anywhere in Taipei.

But actually best Taiwanese food is not ones in big obvious “golden storefronts”. Those are usually either mediocre or expensive as shit (because rent is expensive as shit there too).

No, best place is often in back alleys, where you’d only know by word of mouth.

What basically makes a pumpkin pie a pumpkin pie.