Wack Things In Taiwan 2021

Not a surprise coming from Taiwan News.
I don’t even click links to their articles anymore.

Why turn down free entertainment? :grin:

Absolutely nothing to do with the Police chiefs attending. Nothing to see here move along.

1 Like

Nah. There is enough on IP (specially from certain posters) for that :wink:

1 Like

Big sale at Carrefour today!!!

Like seriously? But probably many more people will buy it now because it’s „on sale“ :roll_eyes:

13 Likes

Sometimes those things are much cheaper at neighborhood stores. But the going rate for vegetable oil should be about 130 for 3L bottle.

Sometimes Carrefour overcharges for things.

1 Like

Yeah those sorts of “sales” are frequent. But… they made us look at the product, right?, and maybe think “oh yeah I need some of that.” So they probably work, as absurd as they seem.

3 Likes

“Journalist Huang Wei-han’s (黃暐瀚) mother was killed in an alleged driving under the influence (DUI) incident, with a 30-year-old man in custody, Taichung police said yesterday after witnesses told officers that the suspect had driven to a store immediately after the crash, where he purchased and drank beer.”

"Witnesses said that Fang bought the beer to drink in a bid to evade a drunk driving charge by claiming that the alcohol test result was due to his drinking after the incident.

One witness said that Fang bought four cans of beer and had finished three by the time police arrived."

I guess, hit and run he didn’t think about.

3 Likes

That’s for Ting Hsin oil, right?

1 Like

:face_vomiting:

Guy

1 Like

Ting Hsin International Group - Food Scandals

I saw this on Facebook.

Guys, DO NOT buy this. It is illegal in Taiwan (and in many states in the US as well, makes no sense considering guns are legal there).

Wonder if this is a police sting.

Taiwanese food

Its shite. I think ive had one good Taiwan dish. To get decent food in Taipei, gotta go Japanese, Indian or western.

Made the mistake of trying a Taiwan restaurant today because the picture looked nice. I wouldnt give it to a dog.

4 Likes

By and large—it gives me no joy to say this—Taiwanese food sucks in Taipei.

However in points south (Tainan, Kaohsiung) and in different ways in the countryside, you can find some outstanding food.

Guy

Taipei isn’t the place for Taiwanese food.

Taipei is a place people go to for jobs and stuff. So any food here is designed to fill your belly, not much more. Look at Taipei during Chinese New Year. Place is a ghost town.

If you want good local food, search for Hakka Restaurants.

2 Likes

I can’t stand the food in Tainan. They literally put sugar in everything. :face_vomiting:

And I didn’t even think it was possible, but 棺材板 is even more disgusting than shit on a shingle.

1 Like

Both can be delicious if done right.

Prove it!

Try this one.