Wack Things In Taiwan 2021

It’s breakfast!

We need the youtube link for it.

…for science.

1 Like

I just tried to find it, but my search results went very NSFW…
Maybe another time!

1 Like

You’re still at work? :hushed:

You are always at work when WFH…

2 Likes

2 Likes

Surprised I can’t find mention of this here:

Why on earth do the automatic toilets here flush on approach? With the hand washing habits here, I’d assume that’s incredibly less sanitary.

The hand washing habits here are questioned by papertowel…
:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Maybe it’s like Indian fry bread in New Mexico?

Why would automatic flushing be less sanitary?
:thinking:

Perhaps what he’s referring to is the ‘mist’ of none-to-clean water that flushing causes.

I wondered the same thing. Maybe the assumption is that it’s the only flush that happens? So the plume wafting through the air when you walk in is from a toilet still full of the last occupant’s efforts? Which would be disgusting, yeah, if people didn’t flush when they’re done - but I haven’t noticed that being more or less of a problem here than anywhere else.

But I’m not sure how that’d connect to the hand-washing.

I do sometimes find those automatic flushing toilets annoying, because I’ll be trying to flush and gesturing and missing whatever light beam triggers it.

1 Like

Since urinals flush as soon as you stand in front of them, it’s easy for the water to splash on your hands/legs. It’s happened to me numerous times but I’ve since learned my lesson and wave my hand in front of the sensor first. I’ve had to wash my leg with soap afterwards a few times due to a few urinals blasting water everywhere.

2 Likes

Ok…

And how’s that related to hands washing habits?

I always thought pre-flushing was a good thing.

Pee gets on hands. Most people don’t really wash their hands. Some people just rub water in their face after using the toilet. Pee is now on their face.

Uh. It flushes after the person leaves too.
There should be no (or almost) pee in there, mostly water.
I guess the real wack thing is people not washing hands after using the toilet.

3 Likes

Saturday night midnight and I’m at home reading about peeing on hands.

Really hope places open up soon :praying:

3 Likes

So it’s actually, NSFWFH?

2 Likes

That’s when you have a cheap urinal with a shallow pee-cup!

The urinal at Carnegies is legendary for pee splashing all over your and your neighbor’s shoes and legs.

1 Like

Always a blast when you join the mates in the restrooms

2 Likes