Wack Things In Taiwan 2021

Need to add that to “famous places to visit” when tourists come to town

I knew it Carnegie’s was famous for a few things but that’s a new one.

1 Like

Taiwan’s lazy postmen annoyed me again.

Ran the bell and sorta waved at the camera to come down. By the time I’d slipped a pair of shoes on, gone down 2 flights of stairs he was just getting on his moped and zooming off …

FFS, I couldn’t have been more than 30 seconds, AND his moped was parked at the end of the street which means the lazy queef started walking towards it no sooner had he pressed the buzzer.

1 Like

You’ve got to yodel at them in a high pitched voice (Pingtung farmer style) to add 3-5 seconds of stun (wait) time. Keep up the yodeling as you scramble to get to them before they recover.

2 Likes

edit…if you cant emulate the yodel, a basic loud YO! will do. Make it loud and frequent.

1 Like

You got an active one, he pushed the bell, most of them just blow their horn for you to get out.

Whoah. Not everything in Taiwan floats my boat, but the postal service here is pretty damn hard for me to complain about.

Point of comparison: Canada Post. :wall:

Guy

1 Like

I was wondering, why is it when the news change voices to protect confidentiality they have to make them sound like Donald duck or helium balloon voice?

1 Like

To protect their identity?

So they can be understood but are not recognizable.

1 Like

Honest question,
why do you filter your comment, it isn’t vulgar so I see it as fine on an open forum.

The reason I ask is because I do tend to skip a lot of your comments when I see this if I’m in a public place.

1 Like

It’s a punch line.

Maybe it helps to be Canadian to get it.

Guy

Voice like a chipmunk, face all blocked out, but then willing to publish any unsubstantiated rumour as though it’s a fact.

don’t give up your day job

i appreciate your

comedic pause

3 Likes

why-the-big-paws-you-ask-come-here-ill-show-you

5 Likes

Hey if I relied on my forumosa posts to make a living, I would not be living very large! :rofl:

Guy

2 Likes

Black man chicken… Finally got a picture.

1 Like

Think this was intentional?

1 Like

I think I met the dumbest taxi driver in Taiwan, driving around with a Durian box. The car stinks accordingly, I made the mistake to take it once, now when I see him I just move on to the next one. Still stinks, and he still has the box in his trunk.

1 Like

This could be “My wack understanding of Chinese”, but I just ordered something online and got this confirmation. Does it really say that my item will be shipped within eight tenths of a business day after payment? Now that’s service!

4 Likes