Wack Things In Taiwan 2021

52 posts were split to a new topic: Taiwanese Olympic athletes in Japan

Taiwanese love of shouting annoys me.

FoodPanda fella didn’t know that to ring my house (number 5) he had to press the button on the buzzer labelled “5”–tricky I know. I reckon you need a degree to figure that one out.

So he phoned up-- It was like having Slipknot on the other end . "WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA "

Shut the fuck up, mate and talk normally. He wasn’t angry or been aggressive, it’s just so many people here seem to naturally shout and it is annoying,

1 Like

This is it’s the only way to be heard and seen. They learn it from childhood.

It’s related to impatience. Many people have poor social skills to boot. And I mean…foodpanda…ubereats folks…you know what I mean.

It’s definitely impatience. My building complex has a main entrance you have to be buzzed in. Sometimes that won’t work and I have to go downstairs and open it myself. For some reason, even when I tell UberEats guys to wait 2 minutes, I’m coming down, they insist on hammering on the front entrance until I open the door. Very odd.

2 Likes

To be fair they’re not paid for the time they are waiting (and are already paid very little to begin with).

I’ve always tried to meet them on the street level to make it as quick as possible for them.

1 Like

Many people keep juvenile giant snakeheads due to their color, but release them into the wild after they become adults, where they become the “ecological assassins” of Sun Moon Lake, the bureau said, urging people not to release pets into the wild, regardless of the species.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

WTF!

Guy

Currently, due to COVID-19 regulations, they are not supposed to go upstairs to give you your food. Several places, both offices and residential buildings, set up a table on the first floor so delivery people set the stuff here and the recipient picks it up.

Personally, I set up a basket downstairs. They leave it there and are therefore spared the sight of me in my pijama glory.

2 Likes

Parked near an intersection I saw a lady and a young boy who was pushing a carriage with a dog inside. The lady could have crossed the intersection during the red light but no…she started walking against the traffic (including speeding motorcycles) up the street. Of course, she ignored the sidewalk…she may have spotted the store burning ghost paper outside their store taking up the sidewalk (I know because I had to enter the road to avoid the flames when I walked by the store). Later I saw the lady, the boy and dog making their way across the street by wading through moving traffic.
I never understand why going across the road in the middle of traffic is more appealing than using the intersection.

2 Likes

I don’t even know if they are that naïve or stupid to believe that they can be eradicated ?

Huge thing back home too.

If there was ever a time it was when the lake was low!

2 Likes
4 Likes

So like did they get some free sushi or something? :rofl:

Guy

1 Like

Better than that.
Paid vacation. Some companies also provide bonus!

The new (I assume since I never saw them before) Cajun style chicken sandwich at 7-11. I wouldn’t feed it to a prisoner. It’s chewy, tasteless, rubbery shite.

2 Likes

I think the explanation is here :slight_smile:

Personally, I only ever buy sandwiches from 7-11 if I have no other options …

3 Likes

Visitors returning to Kaohsiung’s Shoushan (Monkey Mountain) as Taiwan’s COVID-19 situation improves are being asked to socially distance not only from each other but also from the macaques that inhabit the area, as these may carry diseases such as herpes B virus, reports said Thursday (July 22).

But do the monkeys understand that rule ?

Vaccinate them all!