Wack Things In Taiwan 2021

With the amount of love (i.e. likes) @Brianjones gives to others forum members, he deserves all that and more!
Happy anniversary, BJ! :cake:

5 Likes

Awesome thanks @RickRoll and @KongTaigi .

2 Likes

Because they couldn’t hack it last year and asked government help.

Yesterday I saw a man shaving his beard in front of motorcycle mirror (parked on the street). I thought it would have been less weird if he was a delivery guy or a driver, somebody always on the go and with little time. But he finished shaving and went inside the house next to him. My friend said he might have been shaving on the street to avoid cleaning out the hair in his bathroom. :expressionless::upside_down_face:

6 Likes

If you had waited around a bit you would have seen him come out with a nail clipper.

2 Likes

Women applying make-up in the MRT

This happens in a lot of places, Mexico for example (fun fact, I used to teach for UNAM)

2 Likes

Don’t you hate it when you are focused typing away in the office and suddenly you hear the tell tale click click click of someone cutting their nails at their desk?

6 Likes

Toe nails?

How did he keep his mask on?

I once saw a man get his hair cut, presumably by his wife, sitting on a chair they had taken into the middle of Rongxin park. My mother used to cut our hair outside in the garden too. She said the birds would use the hair in their nests.

2 Likes

Not unheard nor unseen of.

We moved house a while back. My kids keep finding 1 NTD coins in the corners and windowsills of the house.
I guess it’s related to good fortune or something but don’t spend too much at the same time :grin:.
Anyway…Weird.

5 Likes

i have a colleague that uses dental floss at his desk, i saw a guy cutting toe nails on the bus, im no longer surprised by these things

4 Likes

He didn’t. He didn’t even have a chin-diaper.

1 Like

My cleaning lady asked me if it was some kind of tradition in my country to leave coins lying around. It so happens that my cats think my coin purse is the best toy ever, steal it from my bag and drag it all over the house…

Cleaning time is kachin time.

3 Likes

You can afford a cleaning lady?

It is a good investment to have a professional do stuff beyond your abilities. I started while unwell, it makes all the difference. And I mean someone who comes monthly or biweekly, not a live in caretaker!

5 Likes

This testicle. I want an old person to come on needing a chair to give me a reason to shift them.

Tosser

1 Like

People often stop for me to cross. Especially when I have the kids.

A lot of idiots on scooters, but a lot of considerate people too.

2 Likes

I’ve seen a few people clipping their toe nails and finger nails here on the bus before…not pleasant to look at when you turn your head to see what the clipping sound is coming from.

One time saw a guy pick up his grandkid from kindergarten while I was out walking around town…the little boy had to use the bathroom so the grandpa took him to a potted plant by the side of the road and pulled his pants down so he could take a wee in front of all the of cars and scooters passing by. This was right in front of the kindergarten too…he could have just told him to go back inside to use the bathroom or asked the staff.

5 Likes