Wack Things In Taiwan 2021

I was super skeptical too - I learned about it from a friend that did it from a couple weeks, with 2 kids, and claims they didn’t change any poopy diapers from like a month on. Even with the success we had, I’m not sure I believe him. :stuck_out_tongue:

But it works really, really well.

Much before a year old, they’re not really potty trained - at that age, it’s like early potty training for a dog, if you’ve every had a puppy. You’re just anticipating when they need to go (after waking up, 15-20 minutes after meals, etc) and looking for queues (puppies circling, babies making poopie faces, etc), then putting them on the potty. Thinking back on it, we must have started a little before 6 months, because the child couldn’t totally sit up yet - we held her on the baby potty at first.

At a some time before 1 yr old (I don’t recall when exactly), the child could start explicitly signing (we did baby sign language too) that they needed to go potty, and we’d bring them.

It was awesome, and there was never any toilet fear, etc.

As for specific resources, we just googled and read a lot. I think we read https://godiaperfree.com/ quite a bit, although they seem to be mostly pimping a book now, or maybe we just read the blog… https://godiaperfree.com/blog/

3 Likes

The case will be referred to prosecutors as an offense against public safety, and Huang will be fined NT$6,000 (US$212) to NT$24,000 for dangerous driving.

Am I the only one who thinks the ticket is too low for such dangerous driving?

3 Likes

:dizzy_face:

13 Likes

That is wack.

1 Like

Definitely beats the mezcal worm.

I’ll have a beer, please.

1 Like

Maybe they can put a centipede in that too. :grin:

Drank a bottle of it once. Pretty nasty: appearance, not taste (no real special flavor). Forget who gifted me the bottle, but I don’t think they expected me to drink it. One night felt like a drink by couldn’t be arsed to leave the house. It did the trick.

5 Likes

No, small animal means small penis. You have to put a large animal in these concoctions for them to sell.

Impressive. I’ve only had the wasp liquor…it had quite a kick. And made my tongue numb.

2 Likes

Hard to get an import license for rhino wine these days.

There’s nothing wrong with the wasp liquor. 6 legs is my max.

2 Likes

Lightweight…

Why what’s your limit? From your picture I can see that 63 is too much, but how much?

That’s the problem with the centipede(s) in the bottle – detached legs. Especially since I had my bottle stashed under the kitchen sink for a couple years. In hindsight, I should have poured the contents into a glass first, but that was my “throw away the cap and drink straight from the bottle” hardcore days. So, I recall coughing up a leg or two.

3 Likes

I can go up to eight.

3 Likes

I’m new to Taiwan and Forumosa. This place is for expats right? Do you not like it here, if not why do you stay? Just curious as we have the option of returning to our home country I’m wondering why you wouldn’t take that option unless I misread your tone.

1 Like

Welcome to Taiwan, and to Forumosa.

You’ll find that there are expats who think Taiwan is amazing and can find no fault with it. And on the other end of the spectrum, you’ll find bitter expats who are stuck here (or more accurately have put themselves in a position where they don’t feel they can leave) and can’t see any of the good in Taiwan.

It’s like this in the expat communities in just about every country, although since Taiwan doesn’t have a huge expat community, I personally think the extremes here are a little bit more noticeable.

6 Likes

Anyone who thinks this is lying to themselves.

3 Likes