Wack Things In Taiwan 2021

This should be in the good news thread, a real solid citizen.

3 Likes

Hope he got a decent reward.

Edit: Oh, wait. He got a box of apples. How generous!

10 Likes

But maybe they’re japanese apples in a representative cardboard box twice the required size, put neatly into a plastic divider, cushioned by foam sleeves and every single apple is lovingly wrapped into a little cellophane bag :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Please don’t let it be a foreigner, please don’t let it be a foreigner, please don’t let it be a foreigner…whew.

If it was a foreigner, we all know it would be the main focus of the article.

7 Likes

FB_IMG_1612711562399

19 Likes

Terrible tragedy for this family.

Work day this [edit next] Saturday, but kids not in school. Some bureaucrat didn’t make the hard decision.

You mean Feb. 20th?

1 Like

No it wasn’t a foreigner. I think the guy passed around the temp check so he could make the last train. Not sure what the argument is about. Telling him to get off the train, I think, but not sure what I read. And I don’t feel like listening to the argument.

Went to the pharmacy and asked if they had any cream or anything for babies to soothe mosquito bites, I had my three month old daughter in my arms. The woman sold us this DAPIS stuff. We get home, I put it on my daughters mosquito bites. My wife is about to throw out the box when she sees that children younger than one should not use it. Hopefully she doesn’t have a reaction.

4 Likes

The concept of 凶宅 is so crazy to me.
They even want you to pay this if you are renting a place the landlord is renting out illegally (not taxed).

I checked the laws, and there are some laws that protect a certain percentage of the house’s value you need to pay. It blows my mind.

2 Likes

I know this can happen outside Taiwan too but…

2 Likes

Been there, done that.

Sometimes I think it’s wonder any of us are still alive.

Guy

Yeah? I had you pegged as a “drive on the right side” kind of guy.

I do try to stay in my lane. : D

Guy

1 Like

For any new parents out there: when your baby is around 10~14 months old, you have these two options:

Option A: do nothing, and proceed to wipe compacted shit off their private parts every day for the next 18~24 months. Chronic diaper rash, kid’s jiji/beibei/pigu constantly inflamed and irritated.

Option B: spend a few weeks patiently teaching your child how to use a potty. If you need any advice, I can help.

Quote from the article: “While there’s no right age to potty train, Dr. Donohoe recommends parents wait until their child is between 2.5 and 3.5 years old.”

This doctor’s advice only makes sense for developmentally challenged kids or households where caregivers are not available to properly attend to a child.

4 Likes

2.5 to 3.5? Screw that.

We did elimination communication and didn’t change a poopy diaper after 6 months. Was daytime potty trained by 1.5, with no effort required at all, and child declared she didn’t want to wear a diaper at night when she turned 2. Turned 2, we stopped nighttime diapers, and only had a couple accidents.

Kids are a lot more capable than we give them credit for.

3 Likes

Is there a resource you’d recommend on how to start or go about this? I currently have a 3 month old and can’t say I’m not a little skeptical :slight_smile: (Admittedly I’m still pretty terrible at reading him – he smiles a lot, but I have trouble telling his hungry vs tired cries apart, leading to many bottles wasted. Honestly have no clue what his poop or pee signals would be)