Wack Things In Taiwan 2021

Even more wack are the prices for the kind of houses. Flats with no bathrooms. Flats with transparent door bathrooms…

And let’s not talk about color coordination, conditions, leaks…

4 Likes

Second wack post of the day.

At Shipai Public Library, near the entrance on the 4th floor they have an automatic digital thermometer, but you need to put your head right up against it for it to work. All the Taiwanese who entered just walked straight past (not realising you have to get so close) but they called me back to put my head right up against it to check my temperature. When I asked why they were only checking my temperature their excuse was “those people have been here before”, which is total bullshit.

Also, this may be the worst library I’ve ever been to. Very depressing vibe and smells like piss.

1 Like

It’s ok. Just start coughing regularly and when they look at you, just say, “No fever! No fever!”

1 Like

That’s what people do here, they fish near sewage pipes as there are more fish there living off sewage.

3 Likes

Interesting story related to that establishment.

I haven’t dared Italian pasta in town, daughter did once. Flavor was eh, but the noodles were cooked perfectly. I mean hell, they were invented within this culture.

Anyhow, try Mary’s Diner, she’s the old school line cook on base before the US ended it’s official presence. I don’t think she messes around with pasta.

Damn, it even has mushrooms.

Bit strange!!! Can you imagine that happening in the west? I would have fired a few f&*ks in to her for doing that. What if it was some kind of acid?
Did it smell like strawberries?

1 Like

Pretty sure it was ethanol, not too strong though.

Maybe it’s my having a laboratory background, but if that had happened to me, …, suffice it to say that we would have both probably missed the next several trains while we met with the transit authorities.

7 Likes

:face_vomiting:

10 Likes

Get high ice cream
It’s a trip man :rofl:

1 Like

When I pulled up to enter the grocery store parking lot this orange car was parked in the middle between parking spaces on right and left. This is a small parking lot with only 6 spots and hard to get in and out of.

I parked outside the parking lot as just could not get in with that car in the middle. When a car wanted to leave he would pull forward enough to let the car leave until the parking lot was empty. Then he reversed and basically blocked the entrance. A car pulled in behind him so he moved over to the side letting the car park in a parking space. Then he moved back to right behind the car he let into the space. So while I was there he was successful in causing 5 cars to have trouble getting in and out. When I left he was still there. The parking is free…all he had to do was just reverse into a spot.

5 Likes

Not the first and likely not the last time I will be seeing this “walking grip”. Maybe it’s normal and I’m the wack one

You should have parked him so he couldn’t move. Then watched him go ballistic, and had a righteous giggle as you went in for your shopping.

He’s handpecked.

What’s for dinner ?

1 Like

Urgh.

Keep walking!

Guy

Wack or funny or normal whatever.

9:30 a.m. Sunday morning drunk people stumbling out into in a line of taxis at Party World.

PARTYWORLD Sogo Store

This couple accidentally threw out 284k TWD in cash

4 Likes

Guy in a Mustang parked it on a sidewalk. Got out and covered both his front and rear plates with a piece of cardboard. I am guessing he did it to thwart the cellphone camera vigilantes.

1 Like