Wack Things In Taiwan 2021

And there was even a dedicated thread.

Guy

• Chan has argued in court that he suffers from psychological problems and is unable to control his urge to kill cats.*

What’s the clinical term for that?

According to the courts in Taiwan, the term is “unpersuasive,” as he was sentenced to ten months in jail and also fined.

[Btw, this all refers to the 2016 case, not the current one.]

Guy

2 Likes

One last post. Kudos to Lee Hsin-Yin at Focus Taiwan / CNA for that report on the 2021 case linked by lunlan. It’s not at all typical in Taiwan to see this kind of reporting, with multiple sources both in government and in civil society, as well as some historical research including details about the 2016 case I mentioned above.

Still so sad . . .

Guy

3 Likes

Saw a Porsche Cayenne SUV with nice flat black wrap over the paint.

Then notice the car is white under the wrap.

Both the front and back bumpers have all kinds of white spots and blotches and big pieces torn off from where they bump into things probably other cars and posts and poles and who knows maybe scooters and people.

1 Like

Are you sure they are not just keeping the plastic on to “keep it clean”

5 Likes

The more I keep looking at these stock photos on a Taiwanese website, the more wack it gets:

3 Likes

Taiwan is the new Dada

Taiwan TV shows like this.

Force adult women to dress in schoolgirl uniforms with short skirts. “We want you on the show, but you have to wear this”.

Then men hit them with some damn spanking instrument as a penalty. Hitting someone should not be ever portrayed as funny.

Multiple fouls here.

Complicity.

By the way, are those not-masks authorized for everyone in Taiwan?

5 Likes

yeah…those specifically do not count as “masks” and are face shields…
The rules specifically state 口罩 but they are all just wearing 面罩… a big no-no…can post that picture in the Covid thread to get some bonus laughs/likes.

EDIT: Here’s a video if anyone wants to watch it…

1 Like

As long as you perform a magic COVID ritual, you’re protected. It just has to look medical-y and it will work. See, none of them dropped dead from COVID, so it works. What more proof do you need?

But yeah. Taiwanese game shows. Brain-rotting stuff.

7 Likes

Those see through top mounted masks, like on the tv shots above, that have FACE SHIELD emblazoned on the top.

Ps May not only be a Taiwan thing…

OMG…you’ve become woke. 😵‍💫

They have them in Elbonia and Singapore too. Seems to be one factory (probably a subsidiary of the Wuhan Virology Lab) that makes them. I guess they have to write FACE SHIELD on the top so that the virus knows it’s a face shield, and the wearer must not be attacked. It’s like putting lamb’s blood on your doorpost.

4 Likes

Pathetic .
Amazing how inbred the local ‘entertainment’ industry is .

People are so frigging addicted to these 1000cc cups of tea.

These show hosts look ridiculous even without face shields.

3 Likes

I thought we had to wear masks…not face shields…LOL useless.

Using an umbrella during a typhoon

1 Like

I’m sure there are exemptions for TV productions.