Wack Things In Taiwan 2021

saw this on reddit. Taiwan and racism…

It says: Why do black people like eating white chocolate?

Because they are afraid of accidentally biting their fingers.

8 Likes

WTF!

Guy

1 Like

Same goes for me with black chocolate.

:rage: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I think the last time I heard that joke was in 1977, when I was about six.

If it had been me it wouldn’t have been described as “good news”. No one likes me.

’ Air, land, sea search for missing intoxicated Brit ends …’

Darn, they are no longer just in Spain?

1 Like

And we’ve recently been pushing the UN application on a human rights basis.

If I should pass out in a pool of my own vomit, think only this of me:
That there’s a cheap hotel on some foreign beach
That is for ever England.

3 Likes

,When you realise you miss doing some family get togethers even with your weird annoying in-laws…because it’s still better than living the weird anti-social pandemic life. I think this actually thought me to be more tolerant of our differences.

goes a bit nutso with a couple of fruit knives, best part is when he strips of his shirt… because that’s just what you do at 5am in Tainan.

Try that crap in the U.S. and you mostly likely are at least tasered. Why do Taiwan cops need to spend so much time with such trouble makers? If someone is about to commit suicide then yes…have someone show up to try to calm them down. But drunks with knives…just taser them and throw them in the police car…and move on to the next case.

1 Like

I thought Taiwan news site had to blur the faces of criminal suspects?

I don’t think it’s “had to” as much as “don’t want to get sued.” I get the feeling a foreigner is just worth the risk. A foreign face on the news is like free cake for them.

4 Likes

Whoops.

Guy

6 Likes

Very true. This kind of altercation happens a lot in Taiwan. It’s just that nobody would dare upload and share this kind of content out of (often justifiable) fear of repercussions.

Based on my experience, there were likely no “innocent victims” in this incident. Thankfully, these were only wannabe gangsters. Booze makes everyone a tough guy.

Doesn’t help the image of expats, though. I believe he said something about being from Morocco. At first he looked like a long lost (thankfully) acquaintance, which is why I watched the video to its end.

1 Like

The old man near my park walking around spitting everywhere. Even calling him a “dirty bastard” and glaring didn’t stop him. He just went right on spitting in the middle of the path. Didn’t even have the decency to hobble over to a drain.

Oh well, could be worse. In China a few years back, I saw an old person spit in the corner of an elevator like it was a perfectly normal thing to do.

I just image searched some pictures, they do look remarkably like a cat. Their legs grow significantly larger, you would be starting to ask questions when you saw it stalking around the garden with those large hind legs!

2 Likes

It’s often the size of the paws that would, um, give a potential owner pause.

Guy

3 Likes

People are a bit of ignorant of their environment in Taiwan, many locals being shocked that a leopard cat was found close to the city . My wife pointed this out to me. The name of the local stream is actually ‘cat stream’.

南投市貓羅溪流域常有石虎在活動,只是一般民眾不太了解。

Also miaoli county has a lot of cats. And it used to be called MaoLi.

1 Like