Wack Things in Taiwan 2022

Life jackets are designed to roll you onto your back.

Not all of them. (Speaking from experience)

Buying boots. Mine are size 10 but battered now. Go to buy new. Try pairs, same brsnd as my old ones, both size 10.

One i cant get my foot in at all. Other crushes my toes. Yet both meant to be same size.

Feet enlarge with age? I had same problem, Eurosize was 44 US 10 now in Taiwan Eurosize 45 zuS 10.05

I’ve noticed that as shoe companies move around their sites of production to different countries with different subcontractors, the sizing starts to become quite variable. It’s quite annoying, especially when shopping online and expecting some consistency with the same brand. :neutral_face:

Guy

5 Likes

I thought that was just women that had gone through pregnancy because of the increase in growth hormone. :thinking:

Could be, though the ones which I had were bought here. Could just be because I’ve had them a while, they’re a bit looser than they were so fit fine despite my feet getting a bit bigger.

Also a pain when the boots only go up to a certain size. I did want to get some Doc Martens but the ones I liked, they only had up to size 9.

1 Like

Treating adults like children.

1 Like

Letting a baby sit on your lap in the front seat when there’s plenty of room in the back

See a lot of comments about people riding around without helmets and such but I remember doing the same thing as a kid in the US. We rode dirt bikes, four wheelers and motorcycles without helmets unless we were trying dangerous stuff and relished riding around in the bed of a pickup truck or sleeping in the back of a station wagon. Doesn’t seem so whack. Kinda normalized.

1 Like

What you were doing was not very safe, you have to admit.

But I’d still argue that Taiwan traffic is more dangerous than riding a dirt bike. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Where are their helmets? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

12 Likes

A small cockroach near my desk at work. It’s taking the piss.

Three times now I’ve whacked it to the floor with a bit of or away from my desk or sent it scuttling away. AND IT KEEPS COMING BACK.

I don’t want to splat it because of the disgusting mess. But it’s really taking the piss. How much more of a hint does it need that I don’t want it near me.

2 Likes

It came back AGAIN …

1 Like

Gone! I hope. I whacked it with rolled up paper across the room. No chance can the little bastard find its way back.

1 Like

If there is one, there are hundreds. Muah ha ha!

4 Likes

Last week at a park with a long bicycle path I saw an old guy holding a kid (about 2 years old) in his right arm while riding his bike.

Yesterday, I saw a lady sitting behind her husband on a motorcycle. She had a kid (maybe around 1 and 1/2 years old) that she was raising up and down in front of her. The motorcycle was in motion. When she raised the kid up I could see his/her outstretched hands reaching upwards above the lady’s helmet. I guess the kid was enjoying the ride.

1 Like

Went to a dance competition yesterday. The amount of groups twerking took the piss. Some kids groups in the under 12s were doing it. 12 to 18 group had even more. Those teachers who arranged the dance and the parents who didn’t object are fucking idiots. No common sense.

Obviously, if the adults want to do it, up to them. Looks shit though.

2 Likes

The cockroch came back. Went to the toilet (for a Tom Tit if anyone’s interested), came back and he was walking across my desk.

Taking the piss, now. How many warnings does it need? I scuttled it towards a neighbors desk, so hope it now bothers them instead.

1 Like

Did it show up for the rest of the day?
Tell us! We need to know!

2 Likes