Wack Things in Taiwan 2022

It might have been a warning.

4 Likes

It’s better to burn out than to fade away …

It’s too late now.

Guy

Ok now I’m being blamed and told a completely different version of events and who was there. Do they not realise I was there too? I want to sue them now. I have to go to the hospital as the dog does not shave a vaccination certificate and get a rabies check.

Something so simple gets taken so far out of reality when it comes to Taiwanese. So immature and selfish.

1 Like

Keep grandma’s corpse in the freezer for 5 years to collect her benefits.

7 Likes

Granny’s news are competing with the wall to wall coverage of an unfortunate singer/actor who met a sad end in circumstances still under investigation - fell from a 7 floor.

We got the news covering every angle, asking the questions in every one’s minds: is the apartment now considered a haunted house and if so, will it affect the price of the property? Experts answer yes.

6 Likes

I bet the expert knows a guy who can get rid of the ghosts.

For a fee.

4 Likes

How is this is a new story?

I know it’s Apoledaily, but even for them it’s scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Taiwanese “journalism” has to be some of the worst in the world

4 Likes

Dunno about wack but it certainly is dismal when news media sink to the level of reporting on what’s appearing on social media.
But even then - girl appears in bikini on IG - hardly even remarkable :man_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

Taiwan has moved to de-criminalize driftwood scavenging on riversides and beaches not located in state forests.

2 Likes

I live near there, they’re new, nice apartments.

He landed directly on a path near a Family Mar

Dogshit in the Outfield

Pro tip number 1: Dog park too far away? Then try a baseball field

Saw a couple guys two mornings this week letting their dogs walk around one of the nice baseball diamonds and shit in the outfield. Hey it’s fenced in and they can’t run away.

Pro tip number 2: don’t play on the grass in the outfield.

2 Likes

And another one…
That makes 2 this month!
Are the a fad now?
Really pisses me off.

6 Likes

They’re importing trash pandas as pets?

2 Likes

So my building has a few people with dogs, 2 of them seem a bit ‘un socialized’.
I’ve bumped into a guy a few times taking his dog out at midnight to avoid other people because the dog likes to bark at people. I stayed out of his way, no problems there.

Yesterday i met a similar situation with some other neighbors. We arrived at the apartment about the same time, firstly, they should let the other person go first if they know their dog is going to be a hassle. It’s already a pain in the ass having to wait for the lift.

Anyway, they didn’t do that. I kept a distance (it was in the lobby of the apartment), but she kept asking me to move further and further away until they basically asked me to walk outside then they shut the bloody door in my face. I was fuming.

9 Likes

My community used to have a guy with a dog like that too…it was a nasty thing. Anytime it saw someone it basically started staring it down or sometimes try to get away from his owner even whilst on a pretty tight leash to try and chase after something/someone. I was afraid someday I would comeback home and hear news of the dog killing one of the kids. The guy would often have to very physically drag it away from whatever it was fixated on and he could barely even do that. Would always have to wait for him to go through the lobby and keep some distance.

Never felt safe with that dang thing in the community. Haven’t see the dog in years so no idea what happened to it.

2 Likes

As i understand it Taiwan tu gous are a little tricky in that their behavior is a bit ‘wild’. But still, i’m pretty sure the owners keeping it an apartment all day, then yelling at anyone who comes near to clear off isn’t helping the dog learn how to socialize.

2 Likes

Some people have no manners at all. Taiwanese will say it really depends in the parenting they received. If it is any consolation, you are not responsible for any of that!

Guy

2 Likes

That’s so sad. Fucking idiots.