Wack Things in Taiwan 2022

I recall there being a quiet car. Of course, it wasn’t quiet.

China advertises a quiet one on theirs, have never seen it in Taiwan.

1 Like

It looks like I’m wrong. Weird thing, memory.

Can get the best of us! Taiwan’s HSR is generally extremely quiet anyway, save for the odd mouthbreeder roaring into their phone, they tend to get shut down quickly though either by other passengers or the staff.

2 Likes

Eating is noisy. I really noticed it during the no food Covid time.

1 Like

Are you thinking of British trains? They have a “quiet car” option when booking.

1 Like

I’ve just got back from Britain, so a strong possibility. No high speed over there, though. Very much the opposite.

2 Likes

Indeed. Mostly stationary in fact.

The British rail industry employs more people apologizing for strikes on PA than people operating trains.

4 Likes

No wonder Taiwanese people are looking for jobs elsewhere!

9 Likes

Those listed salaries suck donkey b&lls.

Guy

4 Likes

Completely nuts. Yet a random joe blow can half-assedly teach little kids at a buxiban for 20 hrs/a week and make around the same or more than an actually bilingual/trilingual court secretary working 40+ hours with a PhD…

It’s not like these buxibans don’t rake in enough profits either. Something is so rotten about the wages here. Obviously causes brain drain.

9 Likes

Worse: for locals, even for Taiwanese living abroad, those are huge bucks, the kind of high salaries that gather admiration…in spite of not being consistent with the cost of life.

I still can’t get over the NTU dean chastising his students and telling them that after all their efforts, they should be satisfied with 20k.

4 Likes

Hey now… I give at least three-quarters of my ass for only 15 hours a week to make more than that…

4 Likes

I perhaps was outing myself. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

“It really makes you feel like japanese”

13 Likes

Idiots driving a car in Chiayi. Just another day on the road!

Guy

9 Likes

I saw a Taiwanese guy washing his bike at Dadaocheng toilet area, filling his water bottle from toilet tap and tipping it over his bike, no soap cloth or anything else. a bit wack?

I’ve seen this myself. More than once.

Changhua County mascot…

5 Likes

This is what you feel like after spending too much time in Changhua.

3 Likes