Wack Things in Taiwan 2023

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=skip+pictures&sxsrf=APwXEdf5XESQuKItdF-3uBmqEY5IwFxALw%3A1686390366961&source=hp&ei=XkaEZI_WOIH9-QbD3p6QDw&oq=skip+pictures&gs_lcp=ChFtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1ocBADMgUIABCABDIGCAAQFhAeMgYIABAWEB4yBggAEBYQHjIICAAQFhAeEA8yBggAEBYQHjIGCAAQFhAeMgYIABAWEB46BwgjEOoCECc6BwguEOoCECc6BwgjEIoFECc6BwguEIoFECc6CAgAEIoFEJECOgsILhCABBDHARDRAzoOCC4QigUQxwEQ0QMQkQI6DQguEIoFEMcBENEDEEM6BwguEIoFEEM6EAguEIoFEMcBENEDENQCEEM6BwgAEIoFEEM6CgguEIoFENQCEEM6BQguEIAEOggIABCABBDJA1CbDliaQWCTSmgBcAB4AIABmwGIAcELkgEDNC45mAEAoAEBsAEP&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-hp#imgrc=ykLVSiiymGeu3M

2 Likes

It’s a thing that you must fill up as quick as possible. If you don’t, everyone else will fill it up with their garbage.

2 Likes

And aside from garbage, how is it normally used? I do not recall seeing one, sincerely.

If you are renovating/building/cleaning up, you create a lot of things that need dumping. You hire one and the company put it outside your house. After it is filled up, they come and collect it and dispose of what is inside.

Eh problem here in Taiwan, where on the street would you park it?

And yes, the possibility of everyone in a 10 block radius putting their garbage in is quite high.

7 Likes
2 Likes

Anywere, just pop some hazard lights on it.

3 Likes

In The Yook, they are often used in combination with a flexible rubbish chute that is a chain of bottemless buckets (IOW nested shallow cones) hanging down the side of the building.

This is what allows them to replace a couple of big trucks and a crane parked on-site all day with engines running, as is the Taiwan rooftop demolition SOP.

In that mode you could have a lid with a hole in it to take the end of the chute, This would mean it could only be filled via the chute, which would make it difficult for random neighbours to chuck stuff in it

I don’t remember seeing that done, but I can’t see why not, though overfilling would be more likely.

3 Likes

Like I said, you wont see one in Taiwan AFAIK. That’s whats wack.

1 Like

I don’t recall seeing that in the old country either.

Might have seen it in a movie.

I dunno if they have them in the US (its not quite the same as the “dumpster” where the bodies and murder weapons are found) so if you saw one it might not have been in a “movie”.

It would more likely have been in a “film”.

It’s always interesting to discover stuff that is commonplace elsewhere but unknown in your territory. Taiwan has a lot of that, like the waving banner automatic warning robot in public works sites.

For the life of me, I can’t remember jackhammers being so commonplace.

Mini cranes, mini trucks, mini etc. as actual working machines.

And on and on.

2 Likes

Some corpses were cremated prematurely…

Saw this sign today. Blast from the past.

10 Likes

They’re used all over, especially in major construction projects, and I believe the chute system is mandated in some areas for safety.

Yeah, must be 15 years old. I wouldn’t trust 牛肉麵 for 60 nt today.

2 Likes

Pass

1 Like

I liked frog legs the few times I had them, not here. But this is too much.

60nt got you beef noodle without beef in it.

2 Likes

I blame this on Pizza Hut. They started the “what can we add to this food?” game.

2 Likes