Wack Things in Taiwan 2023

Continuing the discussion from Wack Things in Taiwan 2022 - #3118 by rooftopclown

2 Likes

22 Likes

22 Likes

Could be shortest sidewalk in Taiwan?
Love the way they painted white instruction on as well.

6 Likes

I know where this is:

2 Likes

Restaurants that make you use QR code or app to order.

Fuck off. Always more of a faff and longer than a waitress

13 Likes

I never go back.

For me, the extra money spent dining out should mean that the food and service quality is better than at home. So, I just eat at home most of the time :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

This might not be solely Taiwan related, but people using their phones to buy stuff is not speeding up transaction times. They faff about trying to find the code on their phone, then the clerk’s scanner doesn’t work, then a long back and forth about the problem…

5 Likes

Would love to think so however experience tells me this is not the lowest level of incompetence achievable with the resources available!

Edit in ~ Lots of contenders for the crown! 台灣最短人行道 - Google Search

2 Likes

It really gets on my tits. I just want to buy a bag of beer, but the twat in front of me wants a parcel. And a fucking cup of coffee. AND wants to make a massive NT$0.0004 saving on the coffee with his/her phone. Then they want to pay with a card. Jumping Jesus on a crutch! Can I just pay for my beer and get the fuck out already?

9 Likes

7am. People who pay taxes for pensions, healthcare etc in a rush to get to work. This is when elderly lady decides it’s time to pay all her monthly bills. And check whether a package has arrived (shop assistant searches for five minutes. It hasn’t). And get something photocopied (but she doesn’t know how to do it, so the shop assistant has to).

9 Likes

Misnomer.

Miss Nomer

5 Likes

This Taiwan Ministry of Justice’s picture which accompanied the ketamine bust story looks like a movie poster from a very bad B movie.

18 Likes

yeah, similar marketing for armed forces will turn the tide for sure :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I suspect it’s not good tactical practice to use the officer in aiming position as a handrest. Or perhaps it’s a kind of motivational gesture? What’s your assessment @MalcolmReynolds ?

4 Likes

A bag of beer? Is this Canada?

3 Likes

Officer on the left one-handing an AR type rifle (Arnold style) whilst committing sexual harassment on his female compatriot isn’t tactically sound or a safe practice. The officer in the middle with his rifle canted like a gangster isn’t tactically proficient and his “deer in the headlights” gaze doesn’t provide me with a sense of comfort that in the event of a real emergency that he’ll be able to accomplish anything.

I’m going to reach out to some cop friends and find out if these are just good-looking actors doing a cosplay or if they are truly some of Taiwan’s “finest”.

I’m guessing that they are merely models/actors doing a photo-op for the Ministry of Justice. Usually in cases of utilizing real personnel, they will be identified by their names, ranks and positions.

Anyway…

600px-Commando_915

11 Likes

CNN thinks so:

CNN Hong Kong correspondent Kristie Lu Stout asked the news agency’s Taiwan correspondent in Taipei about the celebrations in Thailand, which are an hour behind. In an unfortunate labeling mishap, a headline reading “Thailand’s Capital Welcomes 2023” appeared at 1:03 am as the fireworks spectacle at Taiwan’s Taipei 101 Tower flashed on screen.

did KLS really do that?
she’s been there around 2 decades