Wack Things in Taiwan (part 3)

I"ve bumped into a few giant birds in 7-11 over the years…but now…the perfect time to post up my favourite ad from Taiwan. :roflmao:

[/quote]

Stay here some time, and you too will be assimilated.

1 Like

[quote=“headhonchoII”]I"ve bumped into a few giant birds in 7-11 over the years…but now…the perfect time to post up my favourite ad from Taiwan. :roflmao:

[/quote]

That broke the Internet.

1 Like

If parrot lands on your shoulder, it’s not gonna bite you…it’s being friendly. Speaking as a parrot owner. If it’s the owl from the above ad though, all bets are off. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Icon”]
[/quote]

that’s totally me! well recently this is me…

enjoying the outdoors as long as there aren’t unfamiliar people around. I still push her stroller behind her, just in case we run into people and she wants to go back inside.

resistance is futile

You would love the dual level dog stroller I saw. Very fancy. Top and bottom levels both had screens with zippers to lock in those yapping mutts.

Was the lady holding a lengthy conversation with the parrot? Near my house there was a lady who carried her parrot with her everywhere…including the 7-11 where she would sit at a table and talk to the parrot. Well, the lady looked like she was enjoying the conversation more than the bird. I heard she moved back to Taipei…

You would love the dual level dog stroller I saw. Very fancy. Top and bottom levels both had screens with zippers to lock in those yapping mutts.[/quote]

I have that one. :blush:

You would love the dual level dog stroller I saw. Very fancy. Top and bottom levels both had screens with zippers to lock in those yapping mutts.[/quote]

I have that one. :blush:[/quote]

Holy Moses :astonished: the A380 of dog strollers…

I swear it’s easier to find a vet than a clinic for kids these days in Taipei. Same with dogs stuff vs kids stuff, got to go to New Taipei City to find actual kids.

I have that one. :blush:[/quote]

Holy Moses :astonished: the A380 of dog strollers…[/quote]

Actually, not. Not even a 747. The A380 would be the one you hook up to the bike/scooter. Someone else here on the boards was looking for it.

BTW, the double decker was only 4K. The trailer thinghie is 7 to 9K.

Would you like to visit the anxinban for doggies in Xindian? There is also a pet swimming pool nearby. :smiley:

At least for kids you can find clothes for 100 ntd. And you have NHI. Kids are cheaper!

Kids are cheaper …hmmm…I’m not sure about that Icon but I know dogs ain’t cheap either! I have to pay 1000s of NTD premium for my kids every month, not exactly free. No support from the government at all as we don’t have huji in Taipei area, and they only give you some small ‘buzhu’ on kindergarten fees which is a joke, something like 2,000 to 3,000 a month. We can’t leave our kids at home all day when we are working.

A man sitting opposite me on the MRT this morning was yawning straight at me without covering his mouth. Me don’t like that. :thumbsdown:

30 US$ a month for comprehensive health care that doesn’t even cover what your children take out of the system? Oh that sounds so tough! And only 100 US$ in monthly child benefits? What a plight!

At least he wasn’t picking his nose and rolling the boogers between his fingers like the middle-aged woman sitting across from me. I mean slowly rolling and examining her prize from various different angles like it was a piece of fine jade.

30 US$ a month for comprehensive health care that doesn’t even cover what your children take out of the system? Oh that sounds so tough! And only 100 US$ in monthly child benefits? What a plight![/quote]

Ok, ok, then kids are more fun to make. We all agree on that, right?

Dogs don’t have at least as much fun making puppies? :ponder:

One of my local 地瓜 men who sells me sweet potatoes, often pushes them on the basis that ‘the skin is good to eat today’. Doesn’t matter to me as I love eating the skin anyway. I figure they’ve been cleaned and baked for a while, it can’t be that harmful - maybe a few trace pesticides.

Then I was queueing today, and the a-ma in front of me picked up and felt virtually every potato in his wooden oven’s tray. Lifting them up she was, turning them over in her hand, prodding them with a hairy forefinger then putting them down, unchosen.

And he let her do this. WTF?

I can’t really take baked di-gua home and wash them before eating.