Wack Things Overseas

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/baker-creates-life-sized-han-solo-out-of-bread-1.6111651

Might as well have some fun. The world is wack!

My favourite part

Mom made me leave it because I was obsessing over the lips,

3 Likes
1 Like

A wedding makeup artist has claimed one of her brides almost called off her wedding after discovering her groom was breastfeeding from his mother

lolol. Must be something the bride can tolerate. Maybe grandma can breastfeed the grandkids.

3 Likes

This story is nuts. Not that the kids got suspended, but the police got involved. And then there was the mom of one boy having to attend a meeting at a mosque.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a crazy story. Itā€™s far better for me I wouldnā€™t have to attend such a meeting.

The stuff police get involved in in the UK never fails to amaze me. I posted something that the current government are setting some limits at least

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/5Pillarsuk/status/1629836304539086848

This is the video of the mum at the meeting.

This is the wiser course. Iā€™m afraid my video would look different

1 Like

Her son got death threats. That is an actual crime in the UK. Instead of the police dealing with that, the mom had to cover her hair and beg for forgiveness. Nuts.

2 Likes

Everybody gets online death threats nowadays, donā€™t they? Itā€™s the risk of posting anything online.

I had a threat of physical harm on Forumosa in the past.

The police canā€™t even deal with rape. They have no chance of dealing with anonymous online threats.

Mr Akbar said he had been told the book had been taken to school as a dare by a pupil who lost while playing a Call of Duty videogame with other students

Worst dare ever.

Itā€™s worrying that it is.

1 Like

I meant more in terms of being lame, but sure, itā€™s also odd that itā€™s such a big deal. I donā€™t know much about Qurans though.

They know who it is. He was given words of advice by the police.

I really think the UK deserves its own thread. There is a lot of wack to report

1 Like

Ok, if this topic becomes overwhelmingly UK, Iā€™ll spin it off again.

1 Like

Sounds like it is being blown out of proportion by everyone.

Death threats can also come from 13-year-old kids playing Call of Duty as well as stupid dares. If it was an actual big thing and Muslimā€™s were as intolerant as they are made out to be on BBC News, weā€™d all be on fire.

If it was dealt with locally, the offence would have been the same with a Bible, especially if itā€™s one of those Church of England schools. I went to one of them for a few months and they were shocked that I didnā€™t know the Lordā€™s prayer. Knew all the words to Eminemā€™s ā€œKimā€ by heart though.

1 Like

US driver tells police in Canada that he thought the max speed was 80 mph.

1 Like

Whatā€™s nuts is that these people are more fanatical and devout than their Muslim counterpart communities in Pakistan etc.

A kid took a religious book to school. Big effing deal. A load of nut job men then got their knickers in a twist about it. Prats.

3 Likes

You think if a bible was kicked, the mum would have to go to the local church to explain her kidā€™s actions?

Do you think the police would have been called?

You donā€™t seriously believe that. Or do you?

4 Likes

It is normally just one or two. Problem is that they like to be the ā€˜local leadersā€™

2 Likes