Wack Things Overseas

There has been discussion here recently as Jemima Goldsmith (Imran Khan’s former wife) has written a film. Muslim attitudes towards alcohol, marriage, dress codes etc are seemingly more progressive in Pakistan than they are here. Dunno about weed though. Young Pakistani’s here love the reefer. Possibly as a result of their intolerance here to alcohol.

3 Likes

Practically native plant to the region, thousands of years of cultural use

3 Likes

Well, who called the police? The school, presumably?

And was the mother “forced” to make an apology to the Muslim community, or did she do this pre-emptively because she thought there would be some kind of reaction?

She’s in a mosque - you wouldn’t go in there and not cover your hair. I don’t see any “begging for forgiveness”, all I see is a complete over-reaction to a non-event, and then this over-reaction being assumed that this is forced on the mother by some maniacal Muslim’s.

Based on this level of hysteria, I’d assume that if the same event happened with a Bible, the kid would be sexually-assaulted by his local vicar or priest. Because stereotypes.

1 Like

Wack

And wack

Do you think the school would have called the police if it was a bible?

Do you think the mum would take it upon herself to go to a local church and explain how silly her kid is if her kid kicked a bible?

I debated putting it in the peak woke thread because I thought the school and mom overreacted trying to be politically correct. But it wasn’t like she was giving the speech to an empty room so at least some people wanted an explanation.

3 Likes

Probably, especially if the kid wasn’t white.

There’s always people at a mosque, as far as I understand its not like church where you rock up on a Sunday and that’s that. Guy I work with goes every afternoon. Additionally, Ramadan is in two days, so it’d be busy.

I think the school and the mother has been reading too much BBC News and jumping to conclusions, or there’s some kind of bullshit guidelines that the education authorities have put in place for this kind of thing.

Just another bullshit distraction and media-pushed reason to be depressed.
Police should be focusing on who has been setting people on fire in Birmingham anyway. And I should be doing some work…

2 Likes

How’s that for wacky?

2 Likes

Such a backwards perspective. It’s a shame that many people have justified the existence of this religious extremism (at least over there) due to fear of not looking culturally sensitive…

2 Likes

Your mileage may vary from region to region, as you should expect it to in any country of ~243,000,000.

Just sayin’.

1 Like

Some maniacal Muslim’s what?

Why is “bible” capitalized?

1 Like

My usage is correct.

I personally object this spelling, but hey fuckety ho

3 Likes

Why is jimipresley not capitalized?

And why is jimipresley written as one word?

And why is Retired Rock Star capitalized? (Okay I’ll let you have that one, since I gave you the title. :wink:)

3 Likes

Writing one’s user name with a capital is wankerist.

Sounds like one of these folks who writes messages in all lowercase, but also can’t work out how to disable the automatic capitalisation at the start of sentences, therefore usually ends up starting each message with a space.

Ha! Wait— wut?

yep

edit: Forum software seems to automatically fix this. Convenient!

C O N S P I R A C Y

That’s going into my lexicon right now. Love it.

1 Like

You definitely want to be careful with the context for when you’re using that!

2 Likes
2 Likes

That tire really hated that car. It even went back to finish it off.

5 Likes