Warhammer Online

It seems this game has servers based in Australia and South East Asia, so I went out and bought it today. Anyone else got it? Want to get together and play? I am going to roll on a PvP server. I want to get involved and get skilled up from day one. I am quitting WoW cos the game has turned to shit for me. PvP consumes far less time, so WAR is where I am headed. Shout me if you are interested.

How areyou getting it? I should have mine from the states next week and be playing the following week if they ever get my house finished. I will be rolling pvp server too.

Bought mine in Guang Hua Computer Market, 1400NT$. Collector’s Edition was 3000NT$.

They are selling English language versions in Guaghua? Surely, you jest.

What role are you going for? And which side?

I’m thinking a tank or healer on the evil side, preferrably a black orc tank and whatever qualifies as a healer, something Chaos if possible. I’ve heard better reviews for this game than Age of Conan, but have not played either because of a lack of a home. I have a buddy pass for 10 days of AoC for $2.99US. I’m kind of worried due to the fact that they had to redo Warhammer Online because the first time it was unfun.

WOW burnt me out on PVP with the grp only versus other grp rules. Pugging was horrible for healers and my hardcore pvp guild crashed after that change. I’d like to stay out of a raiding guild as I was in Ajantis on Amanthul. While it was really good, raiding is a lot like a job, but I got to see all of SSC, TK, MH and the first 5 bosses in BT.

Cheers,
Okami

I’m ex-WOW too, so I might be interested. Will they offer sales online (a download version)? I won’t have access to the US products.

edit: I just looked at the Asia EA store. looks like there’s direct download… uh oh.

PM if you get on (which server, race, side, etc.)

Link or it doesn’t exist! :slight_smile:

I don’t like the way it forced me to go to a Chinese page. But maybe that’ll do.

I rolled a Witch Elf on Destruction side, called Nukah on Anlec RVR server. This is a full PvP server, so you can gank or get ganked anywhere. I am looking for someone to run with my Witch Elf, maybe someone who heals or has complementary abilities.

Beware that WAR is Destruction dominated ATM, so if there is no challenge, people may reroll Order.

But is it any good? How does it compare to that other game? My subscription on “the other game” has just been renewed and has a long time left.

I’m interested in how it is too. So fess up reaperjim, how does it compare to WOW(since we are all familiar players of that one)?

I expect Destruction to be quite popular on PVP, but Order to to be more popular on PVE servers, especially if kids start playing. Destruction outnumbering Order is worrisome, Horde was known as a place to get away from the worst of the kids and miscreants on WOW. Now you have me wondering if I want to go order when I finally am able to get and play it on the 28/29 of Sept.

Well, it is very similar to WoW in many ways. The interface is similar, although it is fully customizable in that you can move stuff around, choose not to show stuff. The ability system is the same in many ways. Each class has 3 talent trees that can be used just like in wow to complement trainable skills or add to them. There is limited PvP in my area because I am only level 6, but you can still do battlegrounds, similar to Arathi Basin. The quest system has the same mechanic as wow, although the biggie here is that PvP also awards experience, so you can level up that way.

Is it good? Yes, of course, but there are some drawbacks:

It’s a little disheartening knowing that you have to start from zero, and know nobody (if you are like me). This is helped little by very few guilds being around.

The latency is also weird, because it feels ok but there is no in game meter to judge your connectivity.

The chat interface for me is hard to get used to. It looks like Wow’s interface, but its not very intuitive.

The biggest negative is that things move less fluidly than in WoW, even at higher graphical settings. I found that I cant bind target selection to my mouse wheel like in WOW.

Minor gripes, though. I have just given up raiding in WoW until Wotlk, so that I can spend some time with this, and get to know its finer points.

let us know what your thoughts are after a couple more weeks. also, how is the population on your server? is it empty, growing, etc?

It seems the latency on Melbourne servers is actually pretty poor. I found an IP address to traceroute and the damn thing goes up through Japan, and on some pings was almost as bad as WoW, which for me is about 300 (without using WoW Tunnels.com, on which I get 175 on Khaz’goroth -west coast - and 260 on Velen -east coast). So, unless you are actually in Australia, it isn’t that much better than WoW if it is better at all. Just waiting now for Fasterping.com to set up a connection tunnel for SE asia to alleviate some of the lag. Other SE Asia countries and Hong Kong have few problems and it seems TW just has a really shitty infrastructure for this kind of thing.

I’m shocked! :unamused:

I will be playing a Runepriest and/or an Ironbreaker in 10-12days. I will be looking for you! :smiling_imp: It seems pretty good, and I’m hoping to get into a good guild.

I’m worried about destro/order balance and don’t want every trip outside a major city to be a gankfest.

I’m shocked! :unamused:

I will be playing a Runepriest and/or an Ironbreaker in 10-12days. I will be looking for you! :smiling_imp: It seems pretty good, and I’m hoping to get into a good guild.

I’m worried about destro/order balance and don’t want every trip outside a major city to be a gankfest.[/quote]

I will look forward to it bro. The lag I pinged was actually about 200, but in game its usually more. I ping 178 to Khazgoroth and without WOW Tunnels its about 200 off peak 350 peak. With WoW Tunnels , 178-190 now at all times. If Lowerping, same as WoW Tunnels gets a server set up soon, it will be great, they have pings from HK as low as 120.

For those who bought their copy here, are you able to play on US servers? And is the game UI in chinese or english?

I was playing on Azazel with my old guild Legends, but have recently switched over to Dark Crag (Open RVR) on Order side. The US servers give better ping than Aussie ones :frowning:

I should have my copy soon and be rolling a Runepriest(Apothecary/Salvaging) and an Iron Breaker(Cultivation/Talisman-making). I’ll be on Anlec server and hoping to get into a lot of preform grps for pvp. As I hate to pug, but love to pvp in a grp against other preform grps for nice close tough games. While rolling pugs in a premade is great, it gets old fast.

ReaperJim: Are the Order guilds as elitist as the Destro ones? Would you still say that Runepriests are more needed than Ironbreakers? I’ll be checking it out and hopefully getting leveled at a decent rate. How hard is it to level?

[quote=“Okami”]I should have my copy soon and be rolling a Runepriest(Apothecary/Salvaging) and an Iron Breaker(Cultivation/Talisman-making). I’ll be on Anlec server and hoping to get into a lot of preform grps for pvp. As I hate to pug, but love to pvp in a grp against other preform grps for nice close tough games. While rolling pugs in a premade is great, it gets old fast.

ReaperJim: Are the Order guilds as elitist as the Destro ones? Would you still say that Runepriests are more needed than Ironbreakers? I’ll be checking it out and hopefully getting leveled at a decent rate. How hard is it to level?[/quote]

Truthfully, KNM was the only elitist guild and have rerolled Order on Darklands. I would hold off on Darklands for the moment though, even though Order seem to have it together more in RvR instance based conflicts. It very quiet at the moment. Destruction are idiotic in PuGs, and only DiE seem to be a good PvP guild,with One on Order sise equally good. I am i Annihilation, a PvE guild which i am going to leave soon because there is nothing there socially. I was suspecting more from a guild that had almost cleared Sunwell in WoW. Runepriests are needed, Ironbreakers equally so. Either dwarf career is good, because RvR instance queues are instant and Order PuGs just seem to know how to play. I may delete and reroll Order if I don’t find what I am looking for. Witch Hunter on Order is basically same as Witch Elf anyways, with a few minor differences.

I got the game and installed it. Here are some random thoughts Due to my situation:

-Make sure you are comfortable. I’m not and the game is a real pain to play on a hardwood chair, small desk, a 13" monitor and having to sit far away from the keyboard. My G15 V1 lost the use of some of its keys and it is irreplacable. I’m upset and want to get off of using wireless to play. I alos hate Asus Eee PC’s too not that I play WAR on it or has anything to do with WAR.

-Group play rocks, but there is no chat channel that I know of to speak to other people so where you don’t have to put up with Barren’s chat, Chuck Norris jokes and people flaming each other. You also can’t ask for help or find grps easily. Lack of grouping would be a game breaker for me and make me drop the game. How does one go about forming a premade or grp?

-Only one open RVR Oceanic server = stupid

-Questing seems easy, but the PQ’s are hard and require a large/solid grp work. Watching another RP stand there, do nothing and then get loot despite me having a +350 to the roll and not getting anything, made me very angry.

-Too many items for crafting, there’s 400+ mats for apothecary, my bags get packed with seeds, apothecary mats, and talisman making mats and where the hell is the closest bank?

I see from another forum Reaperjim that you are having troubles. It’s a very entertaining read. If you decide to reroll order, My characters are:
Sweetie-Rank 6 Runepriest
Grimthunder-Rank 5 Ironbreaker
Huofeng-Rank 4 Bright Wizard

I’m hoping to be at my house(finally) this weekend with my large desk, comfy chair, 19" monitor and small refigerator for a better gaming experience. I’m still trying to think how to fix my G15 Keyboard (It’s the older much better model that they no longer make)

Heh, old names DiE and One (used to part of this guild back in UO days). I thinK DiE is from UO as well.

I’m curious how you guys find the Oceanic servers response times compared to US ones? I cannot seem to get as good a ping to Aust servers for some reason? I’m with Hinet, should be gettin the same as you guys?