Warning! Dominos Pizza new tomato sauce is horrible

So I know that Dominos pizza isn’t great. But it is a major food group for our son, and up to today everything was fine.

Apparently, they have completely changed their sauce. Now it tastes like a sweet, slightly spicy, ketchup. Yes, ketchup.

We just wasted 700NT$ on 3 pizzas that are just going to go into the garbage. Stupid.

5 Likes

There seems to be a lack of tomato sauce for pizzas in Taiwan. The new Costco chicken pizza (which replaced the Combo pizza) also doesn’t have tomato sauce and is completely dry :face_vomiting:

4 Likes

We are seriously hoping tĥat the Costco cheese pizza doesnt have weird sauce or anything.

A medium/small over will be the best investment you ever made! I am right there with you on the pizza sauces in Taiwan.

2 Likes

I am 100% with you on that! Especially if my wife canmmake her cookies as well.We just need to wait until May, when we will be in a more permanent place.

1 Like

Yea I hated the chicken pizza, it was almost always dry when I get it.

Yep. No one here seems to like tomato sauce because it’s too ‘sour’. LOL! I love it!

2 Likes

Canned whole tomatoes and canned chopped tomatoes have nearly doubled in price the last year. They could be cost cutting and substituting for sub par ingredients. Though they likely import their own ingredients and have better prices than smaller pizzerias.

15 Likes

Username checks out.

4 Likes

Maybe this is why it tastes so bad :rofl:

4 Likes

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Pizza hut doesn’t seem to taste any different…

That’s a pity, I’ve been meaning to try this bad boy (Dominos cheese volcano):

1 Like

That goes against every cell in my body. But, I ain’t gonna lie. I am tempted to try that monstrosity!

1 Like

I tried it. Not good - the cheese is fake tasting and kinda sickly.

Also it leaked out all over the pizza. Wouldn’t buy again.

4 Likes

Well, they did say volcano.

6 Likes

There are loads and loads of great pizzeria all over Taiwan. I have found some in every single place I have lived here.

Expecting Dominoes or the chains to be great…well…

Yes I also agree need to check every place out individually.

3 Likes

There was also a change in the sauce for Pizza Hut I noticed when we ordered pizza last week. It’s sweet now and I’m sure it wasn’t before (or at least it was much less noticeable). I still ate it but this will make me consider a different option in the future.

Had good/real pizza at Salto Pizzeria yesterday and was in heaven.

1 Like

I wonder if it was due to more sugar or less sodium. Lots of sugar rich things are blended with things like sodium and it tones it down. But the actual quantity is still quite high. Same goes for the other way around.

Tomato sauce is almost always loaded to the nines with both sugar and acid to “balance the acid”. Most shops won’t slow roast actual tomatoes and pair with herbs for the right balance.

3 Likes

You can get low sodium tomato paste and it tastes fine, at least to my taste buds. I think there’s just a lack of tomatoes isn’t there so they are just adding sugar as a cheap filler maybe.

1 Like