Was Mohammad a Pedophile?

Medieval Islam contributed much to humanity. Muslims were partly responsible for preserving important texts and advancing math, science, etc while continental Europe was still in the

I do not care if Mohammad was a pedophile and I dispute the fact that Arabs were really very responsible at all for preserving Greek and Roman learning. I would give credit to the Byzantines for that. Where we have seen Arab and Muslim rule, we often have seen an intolerance for thinking similar to that of Europe under the unreformed Christian Popes of the Middle Ages. Thank God for the Enlightenment.

A woman is for procreation, a boy is for pleasure and a watermelon is for ecstacy. I don’t think six-year-old girls are mentioned at all.

Perhaps you could go to a mosque and ask some Muslims. See what they think.

[quote=“Chewycorns”]Medieval Islam contributed much to humanity. Muslims were partly responsible for preserving important texts and advancing math, science, etc while continental Europe was still in the

He consumated the marriage when his wife was nine.

Some things never change… :slight_smile:

hrw.org/wr2k3/mideast6.html

Also according to this web site, the legal age of consent for Saudi does not exist - you only have to be married!
ageofconsent.com/ageofconsent.htm

So pedophile or not, Mohammad’s actions would still be legal in modern Saudi and to think this is the 21st century. :astonished:

That age of consent site is scary if it’s as accurate as it claims to be.
Paraguay, Chile, China, Mexico, 12.
South Korea, Nigeria, 13.
Montenegro, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, 14

I wonder if this has anything to do with the declining age of menarche. Should that matter anyway? It’s a tough question. Certainly Mohammed’s Lolita can’t have been pubescent.

Is that South Korean age of consent if they ARE 13 or if they ACT 13?

Whoa, did you read the testimonial bit at the bottom? Along the lines of ‘thank god your site kept me out of jail’ Yikes!

Interesting information but I get the creepy feeling most people who visit the site would be pedophiles wanting to make sure they could squeak by…

And how many wives did Mohammed have in his life? In excess of 600. Guess he got desparate to make his quota that year.

Cool quote from one of those websites:

[quote]Question: When Jesus comes back there will be peace on earth for 40 years and then what happens after that?

Answer: Jesus Christ (peace be upon him) will rule the world for 40 years and will fight against DAJJAL (anti-Christ) and will establish peace on earth. 7 years after the killing anti Christ, Jesus will also taste death. The Muslims according to Islamic traditions will bury him. Jesus will be buried in Prophet Mohammed’s mosque in Madinah next to Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). After some time people will go back to Satan’s way of doing things and they will start associating things with Allah (God). The peace on earth will be lost again. At that time there will not be a person who would have believe in one God. In other words, there won’t be Muslims left on earth.
Therefore, Allah will end the universe and Hereafter will take place.[/quote]

The answer is, 12 altogether. I think the most he had at any one time is 9. The Qur’an allows up to 4 for ordinary Muslims. In many cases these marriages constituted diplomatic ties; others were a form of charity toward women whose husbands had died.

Ayesha (wife #3) was the only virgin among them. Yes, she was 6 or 7 at marriage and according to hadith (received lineages of tradition), 9 at consumation.

By comparison, Khadiya (#1) was 40 to his 25 when they married, and the others were at least adults. So whatever you make of Ayesha, you can’t call it a proclivity.

light-of-life.com/eng/reveal/r5405et8.htm

Medieval Christianity contributed much to humanity. Christians were partly responsible for preserving important texts and advancing math, science, etc while continental Europe was still in the

Who cares about 1,000 year-old pedophiles, Chewy? There have been plenty in more recent years.

Jerry-Lee Lewis married his 13 yr-old cousin (incidentally, Darwin married his cousin and Einstein married his 2d cousin). Lord Byron supposedly lost his virginity at 9 (with the family nurse); Jerry Lewis (the comedian) did at 11 with a stripper hired by his father; Milton Berle did at 12 (with a Broadway dancer in her dressing room); “Long John” Holmes did at 12 with a 36 yr-old; lead singer of the Red Hot Chili Peppers did at 12 with a prostitute hired by his dad; Drew Barrymore at 13; John Barrymore did at 15 with his step-mother; and Friedrich Nietzsche did at 15 with a 30 year-old countess (leading to his realization that god isn’t dead after all?).

encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.c … +early+age

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]Who cares about 1,000 year-old pedophiles, Chewy? There have been plenty in more recent years.

Jerry-Lee Lewis married his 13 yr-old cousin (incidentally, Darwin married his cousin and Einstein married his 2d cousin). Lord Byron supposedly lost his virginity at 9 (with the family nurse); Jerry Lewis (the comedian) did at 11 with a stripper hired by his father; Milton Berle did at 12 (with a Broadway dancer in her dressing room); “Long John” Holmes did at 12 with a 36 yr-old; lead singer of the Red Hot Chili Peppers did at 12 with a prostitute hired by his dad; Drew Barrymore at 13; John Barrymore did at 15 with his step-mother; and Friedrich Nietzsche did at 15 with a 30 year-old countess (leading to his realization that god isn’t dead after all?).

encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.c … +early+age[/quote]

Has anyone been beheaded in the name of Jerry Lee Lewis (Peace be upon Him)?

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

No, but plenty have been killed in the name of Jesus and he wore sandals. Should we crucify all who wear sandals?

Depends. Are you wearing sandals? :smiling_imp:

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

One major difference in the lives of Jesus and Mohammed:

Jesus was a man of peace. Jesus never personally killed anyone nor ordered the killing of anyone.

Mohammed was a man of war. He killed people with his own sword and led his followers into battle to spread his faith. The holy city of Mecca, for example, was conquered and converted by force by Mohammed’s army of 10,000 men from Medina. During his lifetime, thousands of non-believers were slaughtered in the name of Mohammed.

This is all historical fact. It is in the Koran. Muslims who have studied the Koran will not disagree that these things happened.

So pedophiles are more warlike than homosexuals?

The “discoverer” of Secret Mark had previously written a monograph speculating that Jesus was perhaps a homosexual ritual magician. (The author himself was gay.) Lo and behold, he discovers an ancient text which says exactly that–a letter by Clement of Alexandria, copied down into the pages of another book in the library of Mar Saba (a Christian monastery in Palestine). But we can’t get a look at this book, because it has disappeared. We just have the photos which this guy took. Anything in this story sound suspicious to you? :noway:

I recommend Donald Harman Akenson’s two books on the Bible. “Surpassing Wonder” has a piece about Secret Mark in the footnotes. “Saint Saul” puts it into the body of the text.

As far as Muhammad being warlike, I would say that he did what he had to do, to protect himself and his people in a country that had no government and little protection for those without family connections. Thanks to him, this changed. Jesus lived in an entirely different setting (an occupied country). His attitude toward war is not really fleshed out, but he is recorded as having used violence against foreign exchange dealers whose activities he disapproved of.