Wauww, I like it!

[quote=“irishstu”]Interesting. I didn’t have font smoothing turned on at all. I just changed that and both “ClearType” and “Standard” look fine.

For those that don’t know where the option is, it’s in Control Panel > Display > Appearance > Effects > Use the following method to smooth edges of screen fonts.

Thanks joesax.[/quote]
Uh, so, did this “fix” your FF in Windows font problem? I haven’t touched that setting on my WinXP :idunno:

Glad to know that fixed things, Irishstu. I just tried turning font smoothing off and it was horrid. With it on, it’s fine, though I still prefer to keep zoomed in a notch.

[quote=“the chief”][quote=“joesax”][quote=“joesax”]I’d like the 24 link back too, though. It’s useful for a number of reasons, such as when you don’t want to log in, or when you log out (or get logged out) and then log back in again and still want to see recent posts.

[/quote][/quote]

Sorry, I kind of meant that in my original post, like the new link replaces the old 24 one.[/quote]No worries. I figured it out after I stopped panicking that my beloved 24 link was gone. The new active topics/new posts functions are much better - no need for any more clutter in that regard, IMO.

[quote=“Goose Egg”][quote=“irishstu”]Interesting. I didn’t have font smoothing turned on at all. I just changed that and both “ClearType” and “Standard” look fine.

For those that don’t know where the option is, it’s in Control Panel > Display > Appearance > Effects > Use the following method to smooth edges of screen fonts.

Thanks joesax.[/quote]
Uh, so, did this “fix” your FF in Windows font problem? I haven’t touched that setting on my WinXP :idunno:[/quote]

Well it’s certainly one way of fixing it. I also tried the prosilver theme and it works too. What I can’t understand is how it was fine before the change. I’m not complaining, btw. Just bringing it to your attention.

[quote=“Jaboney”]Ah, I see. Smear = flame.
How about the second column?
If we were dealing with a variety of file types in threads dedicated to a single type – text, photos, audio, video, maps, torrents, programs, ect – that would make sense. As things currently stand, I don’t see the need. Do have have plans that would make such necessary?[/quote]
I don’t see that extra column in my browsers - what Operating System / Web Browser are you using? I’m using FF2, IE7 and Safari 3.1.2 in WinXP as well as FF2 in LinuxMint - no extra column and fonts look great :idunno:

The indicators are listed at the bottom of the viewforum pages (aka Forum Summary Page). Looking forward to seeing a set that is clearer, more customized to Forumosa/Taiwan or both :sunglasses:

I like the way it shows you posters ages, I didn’t know Irish Stu was so old.

The previous Birthday list was a rolling 30 day advanced listing. This new version had its own built in birthday database entries (fields), and they seem to be empty. Ya think we should make this a required profile entry (field)?[/quote]

No, I mean the “Happy Birthday to:…” item on the right margin of the index, not the advanced listing on the bottom. The former just listed the birthday boys and girls for the current day.

Let’s talk about this. I think most of us will want to make sure that the widths are not too wide[/quote]

I’m fine with the 150 width; but the 150 height was formerly unenforced, allowing tall slender avatars, like yours and mine, without shrinking them. That didn’t cause any problems. So I’d like to see either A) removal of the auto-shrinking function, or B) a reasonable increase in the height limit, e.g., to 200. :smiley:

The word you are looking for is “mature”.

P.S. Sandman only looks so young cos the age thing can only deal with two numerals.

This is superb! Not only are the looks greater but it’s so much quicker. This really helps when sitting in Sweden. Now I might scrap those plans on moving back :wink:

I hear you on both counts.

The Happy Birthday To listing that you refer to seems to have been replaced by the Happy Birthday block at the bottom of the Index page, but this is empty because it uses a different set of database profile data entries (fields). I’ve filled mine in already, though :slight_smile:

I’m using Firefox 3 on OSX 10.5.4.

The indicators are listed at the bottom of the viewforum pages (aka Forum Summary Page). Looking forward to seeing a set that is clearer, more customized to Forumosa/Taiwan or both :sunglasses:[/quote]I’ve found three such indicators – New Posts, No New Posts, Forum Locked – but none of them were for ‘Hot Topics’. I also found this:

[quote=“What are topic icons?”]» What are topic icons?
Topic icons are author chosen images associated with posts to indicate their content. The ability to use topic icons depends on the permissions set by the board administrator.[/quote]
A list of desired indicators would be handy.

Oh just spotted the spell check thing when I was sending a PM. It tries to “correct” English spellings to Americanian ones. If you don’t believe me try typing apologise or any other ise type word ending!

There’s an option in your profile for what language to use. Mine is set to the correct English.

That’s odd. Mine only gave me the option of incorrect British English. And now my posts mispronounce skedule. :fume:

There’s an option in your profile for what language to use. Mine is set to the correct English.[/quote]

Actually, after some tests, I think that has feck all to do with anything. Are you sure it’s not Firefox correcting it?

Oh maybe. I just started to use Firefox today because of the trouble I’ve been having with GMail. :s

The indicators are listed at the bottom of the viewforum pages (aka Forum Summary Page). Looking forward to seeing a set that is clearer, more customized to Forumosa/Taiwan or both :sunglasses:[/quote]I’ve found three such indicators – New Posts, No New Posts, Forum Locked – but none of them were for ‘Hot Topics’.[/quote]

Odd. I found 9 in the same place - 2 of which are for Hot Topics

[quote=“Jaboney”]I also found this:

[quote=“What are topic icons?”]» What are topic icons?
Topic icons are author chosen images associated with posts to indicate their content. The ability to use topic icons depends on the permissions set by the board administrator.[/quote][/quote]
I bet this is what that mysterious second column is for

How odd. I see an extra row in Firefox, but not much at the bottom.

In Safari, I see a single row and have the icons at the bottom.

It looks sharp!

This site looks great now–I really like it. I got this message this morning when I tried to log in earlier:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

User forumosa200808 has already more than ‘max_user_connections’ active connections [1203]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

Wow.

I love it. Very nicely presented, and runs faster than before.