We moved to Kaohsiung!

I think that are just bored, a few years back they asked if I would assist with the dog training, they planned something on me and sent me through the line. it was quite fun and I got a free pencil, still couldn’t stroke the dog :dog: though.

Sounds like the latest show they’ve decided to put on for everyone. Very skeptical around there being any substance.

2 Likes

When I arrive at TPE and see a neighbouring baggage carousel with bags from Indonesia, wow the dogs-at-work do their thing. I guess the habit of bringing fruits is one the airport authorities would rather stop.

I won’t get started on the swine flu thing, which scares the daylights out of the government. Could you imagine if you added “No pork!” to “No eggs!” in an election year.

Guy

1 Like

They treat all flights the same for a few years. In Taipei for me coming for EU or Japan they a by pass card so the check is not needed.

1 Like

Snap

3 Likes

Basically it still hasn’t rained since I got here except for a brief rain shower a few days ago.
Closing the public swimming pools now in an over
reaction as usual. Many parents are furious.
Hope the plum rains hit soon.
It is getting hot here now although locals say that it was cooler than normal. I don’t mind as long as we get a breeze sometimes like today…and…some rain.

We finally made it to Kenting last weekend and its almost exactly the same as it was when I first visited over 20 years ago when I spent a week camping on the beach i.e. one main street night market up and down being crushingly boring and noisy and then just walk out 100ms and it being very calm and relaxing with the splendid KENTING National park as the backdrop. Even the restaurants have hardly changed such as Amy’s etc. Now the rage is cocktail stalls at the night maket. Surely if you were going to order a fairly expensive cocktail you would like to sit and enjoy the view somewhere? No?

When they talk about a town having a lack of class and being stuck doing the same ole thing I always know what to reference in my mind.

We hit my fave snorkelling spot outside Hengchun and I was very happy that the fish and coral seemed to be doing well there still, good diversity even with an abundance of divers and SUP boarders in the water. It’s good to see Taiwanese enjoying the water in a more healthy fashion. Might even get an inflatable SUP myself! Honestly it was better snorkeling than anywhere I came across in Thailand and basically free except for a 30ntd shower as long as you bring your own gear.

AND I took the train yesterday and MRT today with no mask. Felt a bit strange at first but nobody said anything and there were a few other ‘brave’ maskless folks about. I just don’t want to wear the damn things anymore and the mandate was dropped on Apr 17th. It’s weird seeing young people wearing them amongst themselves for no good reason.I feel like asking them why are you still wearing those masks. But they keep on wearing 'em, not helped by the massive peer pressure and unsubtle signs at MRT entrances saying we ‘recommend you to wear a mask’ still. I read the sign 3x and figured out that if they recommend 建議 then it means I don’t need to wear it.

3 Likes