Weed (Cannabis) - Addictiveness, Health Effects

Not sure what the stuff is in that picture from the linked article, but it sure ain’t weed.

People don’t forget dates because they’re stoners. They forget them because A) they don’t care or B) they’re self-centered, which are more or less the same thing I guess, but with subtle differences. Either way, they blamed the green as an easy excuse rather than telling the truth.

2 Likes

This is relatable though to be fair. It’s like being sober around drunkies

Its definitely ropey looking. Weed in films never looks like weed either. It’s always like a fine powder.

Being a stoner and not caring are also more or less the same thing.

1 Like

Looks like they threw something together off the spice rack. Using real weed would have been illegal, and she’s a lawyer after all.

1 Like

Hard disagree on this one. People care about what matters to them, stoner or not. If there’s someone you’re interested in, you’ll show up for the date. Blaming cannabis is often used as an excuse to cover up personality defects. In reality, most of those people are just assholes who happen to smoke some ganj.

1 Like

Using cannabis is often an excuse to cover up personality defects.

My sister used to grow and dry her own herbs (oregano, mint, parsley) when she was in high school. One time she took a photo of her drying plant matter and posted it to IG. Her classmates bombarded her with questions about the best way to dry pot. Either her classmates were high out of their minds or had been using some low quality weed if they got a picture of those plants confused.

1 Like

Is the consumption of alcohol or cigarettes any different?

Non-sequitur. Cigarettes especially.

Ummm…nope. I don’t know anyone that smokes cigarettes that should really be getting mental health counseling instead of destroying their and the people around them’s lungs. They’re all depressed. Because that’s what smoking cigarettes does to you!

Come to Italy. Smoking tobaccco is a way of life.

Are you honestly equating tobacco addiction with alcohol and marijuana addiction, in terms of self medicating for mental health issues?

1 Like

Made me giggle.

2 Likes

Well, there’s no such thing as “marijuana addiction”. You will find that 100% of research that says there is was funded by people with an agenda to make sure it remains a schedule 1 drug forever, everywhere.

1 Like

You didn’t have to wait that long!

I wasn’t the first to arrive.

Nor the last.

1 Like

Are you aware of the concept of transferable skills?

I’m not a fan of posting links, however it should be stated that marijuana is addictive and can lead to real physical withdrawal symptoms. The myth that its not addictive needs busting. I urge anyone who smokes weed and thinks it isn’t addictive to try not smoking for a month. See how you do.

https://nida.nih.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/marijuana-addictive

https://nhsgo.uk/article/5976