3 Likes

“Chronic” back pain…

3 Likes

Sciatica is my middle name.

2 Likes

Is this you?

No. I always wear a hat.

2 Likes

This was a big topic of debate when I worked in a rehab for therapists and patients alike.

Can you withdrawal from weed?

So most patients in there laughed at the idea that you could and thought it was ridiculous someone was in there for weed. Most of the patients there for drugs are addicted to opiates as their main drugs. Most of them would do anything to get high but opiates is their main addiction.

We don’t really know and understand this. For most people, they seem to have no problems stopping. Myself included, huge pot head in HS and college, and never had any issue stopping when I needed to.

But it seems some people do have a hard time with it, we don’t know why for some it’s a problem while for most they have 0 symptoms. It is perhaps more psychological than a physical dependency and withdrawal but that doesn’t make it any less real or serious.

4 Likes

It’s habit forming and comes with a dopamine bump.

1 Like

You have to wonder if many of those studies were done in facilities populated by court-mandated, and thus avoiding jail time, “addicts”, who would likely say anything expected of them.

Mine is night sweats and stomach/ digestive problems.

I understand most pot heads get no physical withdrawal symptoms. But I do.

1 Like

Sounds like the cancer symptoms I went through.

1 Like

That’s the most traumatic thing I will read today. I hope you made a full recovery, my friend.

2 Likes

I find I start jonesing for spicy food, or sometimes I miss cigarettes, and difficult to stop drinking, but have never had a problem giving up the pot

2 Likes

In the mirror, long ago.

3 Likes

:heart:

I never really consider I have a problem telling myself to stop, I have a problem with how my body responds when I do.

The trick for me is to stay stopped after I go through the withdrawal cycle. However, after a period of abstinence I forget the terrible physical withdrawal I went through and start firing up the bong again. :face_with_peeking_eye::rofl:

I think you understand this is very rare though, yes?

Sure. My only point really was/is that it’s a myth to say it’s not addictive. People can and do experience and variety of withdrawal symptoms when stopping, especially heavy users.

For perspective: Caffeine is a drug many people are addicted to. I consider that harder to withdraw from than marijuana.

1 Like

If you smoke cannabis 3+ times per day, you get used to it. It’s a part of your routine. If it’s not there, you feel an ache that there’s something missing. You get fidgety and anxious.
Drink ten cups of coffee each day for ten years and then suddenly stop. It’s the same. It’s not a physical addiction. You’re not going to start puking and having seizures, but it’s something that’s gone from your routine. It’s part of the human condition.

Caffeine is physically addictive and withdrawal from it can lead to physical symptoms including puking, though not seizures. Caffeine withdrawal is in the DSM-5

https://www.theravive.com/therapedia/caffeine-withdrawal-dsm--5-292.0-(f15.93)

There’s obviously a lot of misinformation out there about the so called soft and recreational drugs people consume because many users do not experience withdrawal or never withdraw fully enough to realise it.

2 Likes

Maybe you do, surely not everyone