Weekend brunch

A friend and I are hoping to have brunch tomorrow and I’m wondering which places people would recommend. I’ve been to Grandma Nitti’s before, it’s not bad but not great either, and I’d like to try someplace new.
I’m told that both the Tavern and Carnegie’s do this, can anyone recommend either or any other places that come to mind.

much appreciated, Tert Card

[quote=“Tert Card”]A friend and I are hoping to have brunch tomorrow and I’m wondering which places people would recommend. I’ve been to Grandma Nitti’s before, it’s not bad but not great either, and I’d like to try someplace new.
I’m told that both the Tavern and Carnegie’s do this, can anyone recommend either or any other places that come to mind.

much appreciated, Tert Card[/quote]

I really like Carnegie’s brunch.

You can’t go wrong with either Carnegie’s or The Tavern. Now you have to decide which one to go to - kind of like deciding which of your separated parents to spend Xmas Day with.

Hopefully, TpeBob and Taverncaptain will marry soon, and life will become easier for all us kids.

[quote=“Stray Dog”]
Hopefully, TpeBob and Taverncaptain will marry soon, and life will become easier for all us kids.[/quote]

:noway:

Anyway, Tentcard, we have a pretty comprehensive brunch menu available at weekends and if you get here early enough when the weather is nice, you can grab yourself a table on the balcony. We don’t generally take reservations for balcony tables as they are in high demand. First come, first seated.

We open at 11 a.m. on Saturdays and 10 a.m. on Sundays.

Bob

[quote=“TpeBob”]We don’t generally take reservations for balcony tables as they are in high demand. First come, first seated.
Bob[/quote]

Could you extend the balcony back about half way through the place. It would be a big help. Especially with the warm weather coming.

And no excuses about tall buildings.

Carnegie’s is really very good.

I bet some of the nice hotels would have something of a buffet type. I haven’t tried any though.
I should now that think of it.

i 2nd or 3rd carnegies. tavern doesnt have much of a brunch atmosphere. the indoor outdoor vibe of carnegies is nice.

Brass Monkey sometimes has weekend brunch too. I have not tried it but their weekday lunch is good.

New York Bagel, Xinyi and Songren - Not bad and big outside area. Carnegies food - filling but bland. Tavern - good food…

Are you insane?

Do you have spell-check?

Bagels? Are they not filling but bland, then?

:unamused:

You’d choose overpriced, small, dry bagels sitting in the fumes of Xinyi Road over brunch at Carnegies? :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:
Just shows it takes all sorts! Carnegie’s bland? BLAND? Have you even looked at their menu? Are you seriously saying you think everything on it is “bland?” What exactly did you have that was bland? I’ve never eaten anything there that could be remotely described as bland.

And what’s a “Swiss oder?” A bad Swiss odour? What’s that? A bad Swiss owner? He is a very very naughty man but he doesn’t smell, as far as I know, unless he’s been hugging and kissing Frenchmen, his favourite people in all the whole wide world, as he’ll be the first to attest.

Not me man, I voted with my signature!

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Not me man, I voted with my signature!

HG[/quote]

Thanks HG. And Sandman for your continued confidence in our food offerings. I can take the bland description on the chin from a new poster with one post whose main point was to have a go at us, neatly sandwiched between two distracting comments. I have noted the edit. Leper only has one ‘p’ in it.

HG…sorry mate but I am going to be out of the country during your stay. Saw the emails BTW and in case you are wondering, I just left the Oirish git at the bar (you know which one) probably about to begin to rail against CX, his pet gripe which is why you haven’t seen a reply from him.

Pity, as a good Sunday session with your goodself and the circulation list would have been a good laugh. And I still need to show them THAT picture…l

Enjoy your stay.

Cheers,

Bob

Brunch
Carnegies
Gooood

The Big One will do
Morning Guinness with two Ns
Sweet balcony view

:rainbow:

Dear master Carnage, I will be there no matter where you be and in a god-pleasant-way, I breathe a sigh of relief. Pictures you speak of have nothing to do with my present discourse. I m so awfully glad to explain this before it was said all too late!

Next time must be in Honky old egg? But fer chrissake lose yer damned camera, man!

HG

JD, look forward to a chat ova eggs!

Well I’m insane (thankyou Sean how’s the great Dane) and yes I know I can’t spell(What English teacher in Taiwan can?) but surely there was no reason to “edit” the last part of the message! Anyhoo I’ll try not to upset the sponsers(I know I can’t spell) again. And I don’t mind bland food as I’m from Bob’land but oder is odour is ouder and bad is foul. :notworthy: [/quote]

Spacing, syntax and semantics can be added to spelling as areas that may require some work.

I had thought though that you had edited your own post. If not, then Admin must have edited it because it was a personal attack on Michel not because it upsets “the sponsors”.

I would strenuously disagree with your assertion regarding bland food here. Although admittedly, I speak with a certain bias, I am relatively confident that our menu and the individual items on it are far from bland. We have a wide choice of dishes and each of them is well thought out and tasty. I wonder just how many meals you have consumed that warrants the sweeping generalization that ‘Carnegie’s food is bland’. In my humble opinion, I believe we offer some of the best quality western food in Taiwan, well-portioned and good value for money. Not only that, but we also have some of the friendliest and most efficient service staff you can find.

I can take criticism pretty well but your generic comment without specific examples is without merit. If you read a Thomas Hardy novel for example and in a literature examination merely said it was ‘crap’ you would score no marks. However, if you said why it was crap, you would get credit for that, even if the novel was widely regarded by others, including the examiner, as a classic. If you wish to criticize, then make it constructive if you wish to see an improvement. On the other hand, without something that can be acted upon or considered, backed up with a specific example, it is just an unsubstantiated smear.

I look forward to post #3.

Regards,

Bob

Having been here a while I’ve tried (C’s food)maybe only 6 or 7 different items, all were ok and very filling and pound for pound reasonable Taiwan expat value(ok I’m not sure where I going with this yet).But after reading the glowing revues maybe I slipped too much edge in the very few words(sorry stoned still can’t see the light yet) but I’ve had other versions of the same items which made me think wowish. So If bland was harsh…
The service generally not bad and sometimes v.good, often v.attractive.
As for personal attacks an opinion of my own is what it is(I will to keep them in future to none human things :blush: did I do it again?).
Thanks for all the concern over my spelling I’ve giving all my students the site as a free editing home work facility, not sure I’ll ever see them again. :notworthy:

This pretty much sums it up on how to express your feelings or complaints.

How is anyone going to improve if you don’t list facts or other data to help them improve?