Weird amount of speeding tickets for red plate

Anyone else run in to the problem of getting excessive amount of speeding tickets?

I got one yesterday(63 on a 40 road), after which I got some nag from the wife.

I also got another ticket earlier in the month for changing lanes without the blink.

So, the above I can live with.

But, today, we got 5 tickets in the mail for speeding. WTF ? 3 of those were the same day(different location)

My motorcycle is what some may consider “fancy”. Is this the reason ? I never get this shit when I drive our car which sucks

Also, is it a problem to get too many tickets? Can I loose my license or something like this ?

Speeding tickets are as normal as waking up with a hangover after a good night. Don’t worry!

I’m trying this b******* microphone keyboard plugin b******* b*******.

And it works except for the asterisks!

Speed tickets are nothing to do with how fancy your bike is.

Lane change… maybe. I’ve got lots of parking tickets…

I see parking tickets as a sort of parking fee. You can park on the street right outside the new Breeze, because they only issue tickets and never tow.

But serious, everyone drive over speed here.

Tbh, I’m not sure how much I did as they go to my mother in law and she hasn’t sent it yet to me yet except the summary(eg 3x1800 for 11.1) wtf

I don’t drive that much faster on bike than car, but seems bike get much more and much more ticket

I used to not care about them because the fine was so low, but then my girlfriends dad started getting angry with me as he said the bike is in her name and it will affect her license.

As to whether it really does I don’t know, but he was angry enough to make me slow down (In speed camera areas :wink:)

Gotta learn where the speed cameras are. You won’t *lose you license. I received several my first couple of years. Got around 10 of them 1 year.

Keep your eyes open for a red warning triangle sign with a picture of a camera in it and drive accordingly in that zone.
Also download the app speed camera In Google play , will warn you of the cameras

You just have to know where the speeding cameras are to avoid it.

Or, IDK, obey the speed limits?
Speeding tickets are almost always via speed cameras which always have a sign posted well ahead of the actual camera. The camera boxes are hard to miss too. Then there are, of course, the actual speed limit signs. So if you are getting that many tickets you are not paying attention while driving.

Slow down and save some money and potentially a few lives.

1 Like

So, all of the tickets are from mountain road not the city.

Some of these roads have ridiculous limits, like the road from Taipei to yilan is 40 at many places when it would make sense to have it at 80 or 100

Anyway, I kind of assumed many of the cameras were empty as is the case in Europe and I never saw any flash, hence I didn’t figure out they actually work

It’s a speed tax. Pay to play. But at least you won’t lose your license.

1 Like

It wouldn’t make sense to have a small road in mountainous areas with a 80 to 100 speed limit

Your post reeks a bit of entitlement. It’s common in Taiwan amongst people with some money. All you are concerned about is yourself. You think it’s unfair that you are being targeted as a biker compared to when you drive a car. You abuse the public space and moan about it.

I do agree that few follow the speeding limit in some places but that doesn’t mean it’s right. If some cunt killed my family from speeding (and it almost happened a couple of times ) I would kill them stone dead there and then. That’s not right either but there you go.

Obviously the cops are targeting speeding bikers on certain roads and times. One person doing it is dangerous but when there’s hundreds a day doing it that a big problem. Seems the message is a little slow to get across.

The current system is perfect for people who just pay to break the law. Typical for legal system in Taiwan actually and you don’t even have to pay that much. You would be paying a lot more than that if you hit somebody.

7 Likes

He probably thinks you are irresponsible but he’s too polite to say so. He’s probably worried his daughter is accompanying you on the bike too.

1 Like

Learned today that knowing where there are may not be enough!:cold_sweat::cold_sweat::cold_sweat: Drove out to the airport from Taipei and dutifully slowed down every time the GPS warned of a speed camera. On the 2 and almost there when, as I squeezed myself through a gaggle of lane blockers I spotted the police car parked up on the right…with the cop pointing his thing at me :cold_face::cold_face::cold_face: Car I had just gotten past was too close to safely drop the anchors, probably looking at 115 in a 100 zone, I’m sure it would have been cheaper to take a taxi there!

TLDR, knowing where the cameras are is not always enough! Risks are low though, first time I’ve ever seen a highway cop with a speed gun.

Look at it as an investment in your hobby!

I feel like I go months at a time without seeing one.

The tickets and fines are not expensive and easy to pay. So it’s whatever. And no point system or forced defensive driving school BS.

Driving in Taiwan nearly a decade, number of speeding tickets received: 0.

I just don’t drive more than ~5 over the speed limit, and that only to keep up with traffic. I have never had to “keep an eye out” for speeding cameras and can rather focus on driving safely.

Have you ever calculated your potential time savings vs. the risk involved? Cruising at 120 vs. 110 for an hour will save you a whopping 5 minutes. And that’s assuming you are going 120 the entire time, not possible in most cases. 130 and you’ve shaved off an incredible 10 minutes.

It’s exactly the same problem with people speeding up to get through a crosswalk without stopping for pedestrians, only to stop at the red light 50 meters ahead. You save no time and make the road a dangerous place. Driving 80 or 100 in a 40. Totally wreckless. I hope you get tickets every time until you wise up.

5 Likes

Agreed, it’s when you get over 160 it really starts to make sense on the freeway.

2 Likes