Weird Rejection

I tried that once and it worked tyvm

OP, next time, up your game by coming out of the menā€™s room with a smear of Nutella on the hand you use to give her the napkin.

Women fuckin love jokes like that. :+1:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been out of the loop for a while. Who is he? the uncreativeusername guy?
Not like I really care, but I guess I should pretend to be interested in this community :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Story of my life.

7 Likes

When I met youā€¦

1 Like

why were they giggling and waving at you? thats pretty damn random for taipei.

only had something similar happen to me only once. a 7 11 girl with her co worker asked for my phone number. they were not at all hot though so i didnā€™t bother giving it.

1 Like

When I notice someone smiling and waving at me, I find the best thing to do is turn around. There will invariably be someone better-looking than you standing immediately behind you, smiling and waving back. Saves further embarrassment.

19 Likes

Must have been KLM all stewardesses are hot blonds and very tall.

I see this often (although less as I get older tbh). I think we are so used to people having a cold demeanor when we meet them in the west (especially those who work in service and retail) that we assume every smile and giggle when the waiguoren orders a coffee means the barista wants to go out with us. Usually theyā€™re being polite or theyā€™re embarrassed about their English, or they just find foreigners amusingā€¦ and sometimes they do want to jump your bones (as the 7/11 girl in your example), but I think itā€™s usually the former.

EDIT: Although yes, waving is weird, but maybe she was just brushing back her hair or something and he misconstrued it as waving in his hormonal enthusiasm.

3 Likes

Nah couldnā€™t be me
I would assume in such a situation that they are mocking me

4 Likes

Funny thingā€¦
I was working in a prominent fast food restaurant. A customer kept staring at me. Kept smiling at me. And he stared into abyss. I waved at him to notice him that itā€™s his time to order. At the same time ask my co-worker, does she knows English. Suddenly, he wrote something in the napkin and give it to me. At that moment, another customer came up and said me something along the line of Corona viral infection; I was shocked and realized that napkin could be dangerous. I then quickly rejected the napkin and stopped talking to this stranger.

10 Likes

haha probably exactly that post in chinese on ptt

yea most staff here usually tease each other about speaking english. most of the time if theres any joking around cus a foreigner is there its that.

that or commenting about how cute ur chinese is, or taking the piss out of it happens a decent amount too.

1 Like

Mate, better ignore some of the mean posts in this thread. I would have done the same. Trying in this situation is always better than doing nothing and leaving the place with regrets.

2 Likes

Iā€™m just wondering what my life would have been like today if Iā€™d posted details of my every teenage rejection on the Internet for strangers to appraise.

Growing up in the technological dark ages had its upsides, I reckon.

4 Likes

I tried the same as OP before, girl smiled and accepted the paper but never called. No regret, you tried anyway.

I had a good friend (a girl) who got married to a guy who threw a paper with his phone number through the window of his car while driving, sounds ridiculous but she called and the rest is history.

Also had a friend who asked a friend of him to give the girl he likes his phone number *yes sounds complicated :smiley: , and they dated for 5 years after that.

I am sure if OP tries this many other times, he will end up with a girlfriend eventually. Keep it up bro.

2 Likes

Pfft. A little cyber bullying is good for you. Nothing helps you learn a lesson quite like public humiliation.

5 Likes

Girl gave me her phone number on a scrap of paper in a club once, years ago (back in the days when a phone was something attached to the wall of your house). I called. Terrible mistake.

6 Likes

Mate, exact same thing happened to me, I called the next day and it was a wrong number. Go figure, some girls can be really fucked up.

1 Like