Weird week

All business-related emails I get are bothersome, my boss throws a tantrum whenever I mention Taiwan tax authorities, construction work on the floor above my office is driving me crazy, and I’ve had allergies, asthma and bouts of fatigue all week. Same for two friends of mine…

Must be the weather :s

Iris

And it seems there are a lot of hostilities on forumosa lately. I think it’s due to all the election BS, the same as when hostilities escalated at the time of the invasion of Iraq. It will be good when things have returned to normal.

Do you have asthma? I have been battling asthmatic attacks for the past month… due to acute bronchitis… I don’t have asthma, but I now sure know what it is like for those who do have it.

That’s fucking bullshit and you know it- moron!. :fume:
:laughing: Had you there for a minute didn’t I?
Call it an April Fool. Oh dear it’s past midday. That makes me the fool doesn’t it? :stuck_out_tongue:

The asthma and allergies are more than likely caused by the filthy air blowing down on us from China.

Unfortunately, it’s only going to get worse and worse as time goes by, and it’s pretty hard to escape from when it envelops the whole island.

Anyway, I hope the pan-greens’ election victory is still keeping a spark of joy and hope alive in your heart, whatever other trials and tribulations you may have to contend with. :smiley:

I had my first ever migraine this week. I woke up Monday morning almost blind and spent the rest of the morning trying to convince myself that it was improving (I had no aspirin at home before the onset) before picking up some much needed drugs on my lunch break.

The rest of the week went downhill from there. Just kidding, but yes, what a strange week it’s been. I’ve even noticed more of my kids crying than there were at the beginning of the year. Is there something in the air?

I’ll try to cheer y’all up a bit.

I discovered I can drive to the Fulong Beach area in about an hour from my house in Mucha on the 106. Nice scenery, no traffic.

Today, drove up to the Caoling Historical Trail and hiked over to the Dali side. Saw Turtle Island glowing in the background. Awesome. Learned the names of 4 different kinds of endemic plants along the way. Educational. :sunglasses:

Decided today that in summer I will rent a bike in Fulong and ride 15km out to the start of the Taoyuan Valley trail (a new part of the Caoling trail). I’ll then hike 6km over the hills to Daxi beach, swim, suntan, babewatch, and then hike back later in the day. The final bike ride is all a gentle downhill so I imagine it won’t kill me. Maim, possibly, but not kill.

What do you think? Should we have a Forumosa Ironsomething this summer. If we do, I suggest that we skip the return hike and bike and just have everyone take the train back from Daxi to Fulong. The winner can be the first one off the train and in the bar with a drink in the hand. :laughing:

Mercury moves into retrograde (reverse) motion three times a year for about three weeks each time. This phase heralds a time of confusion and misunderstandings that can affect arrangements, travel, transport, appliances, machinery and communications.

The breakdowns that occur are a function of neglect, inattention, simple misunderstandings or component failure. They will often bring to the fore the very contingency we should have planned for and didn’t.

Psychic “Alien” Friends Network

Couldn’t we just skip the entire exercise part and go strait to the bar? We could then think of something that would determine a winner… :laughing:

That’ll do too. :smiley:

You know I’m not surprised everyone has allergies now. Driving out in the country you can smell the flowers even from the car. There must be a tremendous amount of pollen in the air.

My allergies cleared up 2 weeks ago. Could barely look at the computer screen for a while.

So come on down to Kuta and [color=blue]chill![/color]

[quote=“tigerman”]strait
[/quote]

TM: Not one to be petty, as you know, but I have noticed that you have misspelled ‘straight’. You misspelled it in another post too. Just thought you should know lest people think you have a thing about bodies of water between two land masses. Just want to help, you understand

It’s a good day for haircuts and moving stoves, a bad day for cleaning shoes.

[quote=“BroonAle”][quote=“tigerman”]strait
[/quote]

TM: Not one to be petty, as you know, but I have noticed that you have misspelled ‘straight’. You misspelled it in another post too. Just thought you should know lest people think you have a thing about bodies of water between two land masses. Just want to help, you understand[/quote]

Thanks BA… I am a horrible speller and this is one of those words I frequently spell incorrectly… and spell check is no use on this one. I was always a poor speller… dyslexia has a bit to do with this particular deficiency.

[quote=“BroonAle”][quote=“tigerman”]strait
[/quote]

TM: Not one to be petty, as you know, but I have noticed that you have misspelled ‘straight’. You misspelled it in another post too. Just thought you should know lest people think you have a thing about bodies of water between two land masses. Just want to help, you understand[/quote]

Well, we all know tm is fond of some Texans named George. Maybe he means George Strait to the bar?

But…Strait is known as a strait-shooter, not a George Jones type (i.e., alky with a great voice). I mean, George Strait ain’t no Possum:

So, it’s confusing, I admit. And I ain’t goin’ any further in any discussion of Georges and possums.

:wink:

But I planned to polish my shoes, re-arrange the kitchen and go for a haircut. Now what? Oh, this is a terrible week. :cry:

Sounds like fodder for a bushiban textbook theme-unit. Any writers or editors out there?

Omni says:

Tsk, tsk…blame it all on the Curse of the Red Scourge.

I read that the filthy air from PRC was mostly from periodic dust storms in the interior regions, as opposed to pollution.

Bollocks. It’s because of Cantonese barbequeing (BBQing…?) civet cats on charcoal grills. :smiling_imp: