We're shutting down tomorrow?

Could you also remove the ‘moaning scotsman’ feature? All those grouchy posts contribute very little, and detract from my enjoyment of the site tremendously.

On the other hand, some people like them. Some people would appreciate a much more ‘hello kitty’ theme and loads of fluffy googaws. You’ll never win, you might as well just do what seems right to you.

But personally, I would say that as long as we are able to direct people to the classifieds - perhaps with a banner/icon that appears on every page - there’s no need to try and integrate them further. Or, as they’re not updated as often as the chat, why not have a bit of code on the 'fieds server that refreshes a list of the last few ads in every category every hour or so? Then just access that list rather than interrogate the whole classies database. This is a totally uninformed suggestion, in case you hadn’t noticed.

The simplest solution to Truant’s problem is to relieve him of his moderating duties and put him back in charge of the sheepdip. He was good at that.

Really? Look what he did to his hair.

You sure about that, Sandman? Remember those guitars? I would never have got them if I hadn’t seen the ad pop up in the forums.

I’d really like to at least see some sort of feed from forumosafieds, just to say what’s being sold/advertised. Even just a title or something.

Yeah, but you’d see them even less if they were integrated, on account of you’d be spending most of your time on Taiwanho to avoid the frustration of xml junk screens and only clicking on Forumosa every so often to see if its working yet.

I’m not so sure the XML thing was a Forumosafieds issue. It could have been a Google Adsense problem, instead.

Anyway, we are in a better position today to install an RSS feed pull into the forums than before. It may not be that bad after all.

Sorry, Truant, I haven’t been able to duplicate your problem on my setups. I thought we isolated the issue back then to your workplace network :blush:[/quote]
Yeah probably. I jump onto a passing wi-fi these days if I need to mod at work :stuck_out_tongue:

Sterling effort, Goose Egg!

Forumosa is much leaner and faster than previously.

I’m happy to see that you’ve scrapped some of the useless crap, such as “Total Words”. Any chance you can do the same with the poster “tags” (Ink Still Wet In Passport, etc), or at least let posters choose their own?

Sorry, but I fail to see the point of the WATCH function at the bottom of each page - am I missing something?

The less tinsel the better, imho.

And I agree with those posters who are opposed to integrating the classifieds with the discussion forums, if it slows down performance. Wouldn’t a link suffice?

Anyway, I’m enjoying the quicker browsing experience here, and hope it lasts.

Cheers!