Western Parenting vs Eastern Parenting

Those things come from a lack of parenting.

Which, of course, is a form of parenting. Just out of curiosity, were you educated in the West?

1 Like

some math beyond an 9th grade level is useful even if you don’t go into sciences.

In the same way abstinence is a sex position.

Both. I’ve had education both in Taiwan and the States.

If you think abstinence is a sex position, you may have bigger fish to fry. :grin:

I don’t.

Sorry, I shouldn’t be picking on you. Please continue with your sweeping statements.

Doesn’t bother me in the slightest. I enjoy the salt.

Too much can cause bloating though.

Better bloated than eating tasteless food. Don’t you hate how McDonald’s here keeps skimping on the salt? Keep having to order extra salt with my fries.

1 Like

Trying to see the parenting angle here. Keep your kids well salted?

My parents raised me little closer to an Eastern style even though we’re American. Many aspects of Western parenting wouldn’t have worked for me, culturally.

I think there’s something to be gained from both styles but balance is overall important.

1 Like

Discipline is good and western kids can be sorely lacking in it…

2 Likes

Considering that 95% of the people who post here self-report having ADHD, I’m sort of surprised anybody made it through that post.

What’s it say?

1 Like

Don’t let me get on my soapbox. :rage::rage::rage:

How about take the good stuff from each.

1 Like

My wife is Taiwanese and a strict rap em’ by the knuckles til it’s done right type. I’m the lenient slack Western moral reprobate and the good cop at home. Total odd couple but it’s made for a pretty good balance in our kids, thankfully.

1 Like

Parenting? I thought we’re talking about beer… eh… salt.

¯_(ツ)_/¯. I don’t know about corporal punishment. I’m on the fence but as I’ve told some family members I reserve the right to hit my kid at least once. :joy:

Whatever works for you and your wife is important because this world won’t care about them like you do. :wink:

1 Like